Epilogue

Epilogue

It's in Kimberley's POV this time

Flashbacks In Italics.

Three Years Later

“Happy Christmas babe!” She smiled excitedly handing me a glass of juice before dragging me to the sofa as I wiped the sleepy dust from my eyes.

“Happy Christmas to you too,” I smiled, as we both fell on to the sofa and I kissed her softly. “I can’t believe this is our first Christmas in our very own flat,” I beamed.

She frowned before taking a sip of her morning orange juice, “did you not think we’d make it?”

“Of course I did, I just mean it’s perfect, us, together, our own space, our families down tomorrow, our friends down the next day, it’s like everything’s come together this year,”

“It’s only the start babe,” she smiled, satisfied by my answer.

I smiled back and took a sip of my drink, ignoring her puppy dog looks and stares, I knew exactly what she wanted, but I wasn’t giving in yet,”

“So Walsh, can I have my present yet?” She said eventually, her puppy dog eyes going into overdrive.

“What present?” I smirked, I loved playing games with her.

“Baby, please,” she pleaded, before kissing me on the cheek to try and soften me up. “You know how excited I’ve been,” she got up from the sofa and walked over to the big, brightly decorated Christmas tree, which she did all by herself. “Look at my tree,” she smiled, pointing towards it, as if trying to persuade me.

“It’s beautiful Cheryl, but I wanted to help too, but every time I tried you’d bat my hand away and I thought I was controlling,” I laughed at the memory of Cheryl being very picky.

“Cheryl! Let me put a ball ball on!” I exclaimed, trying to grab a decoration.

“I’m letting you, but you put them in the wrong places, you spread them out to much babe,” she said, not stopping from hanging clashing coloured decorations very close together.

“I just want it to look nice and not to busy,”

“But where’s the fun in that?” she smiled, continuing with her decorating routine.

“Fine, I’ll just watch then shall I?” I huffed.

“Okay babe, if you want to,” she smirked.

I walked over to the sofa and fell back onto it, slightly annoyed, but happy if Cheryl was happy, she did look like an excited kid, I laughed as I saw her struggle to reach the top to put the angel on.

After a ten minute struggle she turned to me, “Kim baby?”

“Yes?” I answered, pretending to read a magazine.

“Could you help us?”

“I wanted you to help, but you weren’t doing it right,” she smiled, sitting back next to me again.

“I was, I was doing it respectfully,” I laughed.

“Are you calling my tree trashy?” She frowned.

“No, I meant it looks lovely and colourful babe – present now?” I said, trying to move the conversation on, I couldn’t deal with those cute eyed dimpled frowns again.

“Finally,” she sighed, “where are you going?” She frowned as I got up from the sofa and grabbing a jumper to put over my pyjamas that we were both still in.

“You want your present don’t you?”

“Yes,”

“Well wait there and don’t move,” I ordered. Opening the door and walking down the block of flat’s we lived in, long corridor. Towards an adorable elderly lady we had met on our first day, I knocked on the door quietly.

“Hey Hilda, can I collect Cheryl’s gift now please?” I asked politely.

“Of course dear, it’s been no trouble,” she said, disappearing quickly before returning with a box that was moving.

“Thank you so much, Merry Christmas Hilda,” I smiled, as I made my way back to our flat.

“Merry Christmas to you two too,” she called, before shutting her door.

“You’ve been ages,” she frowned, eyeing up the box.

“Cheryl, I’ve been five minutes,” I smiled, placing the box down. “Now sit on the floor and close your eyes,”

She did as I told and I moved the box in front of her, I sat down on the other side, “Okay you can open your eyes now babe,” I smiled.

She flicked them open, finding her bearings and the finding the box, she peered inside and lifted him out. “Oh my god,” she screamed, stroking our new puppy’s golden coat.

“Don’t scream you will scare him,” I smiled, delighted at her reaction.

“Oh my god,” she said, kissing him on the lips, something I wasn’t sure if I was keen on, “she is gorgeous,” she smiled, making me laugh.

“Cheryl,” I giggled, “It’s a boy

She frowned, “how can you tell?”

I frowned at her, before bursting out in laughter, her face finally realising what she had said, “I didn’t mean that, of course I know how,” she laughed whilst blushing heavily.

“I think you’ve been with me too long,” I laughed, whilst she continued to stroke and kiss him.

She blushed, “I’m a dick sometimes. What is he called?”

“It’s your Christmas present, what do you want to call him?” I asked.

She thought for a second, her eyes looking upwards, “Buster,” she announced.

“Buster it is then,” I smiled. “My present now then?” I asked, beaming.

“Okay, but this little guys coming too,” she said, standing up with Buster in her arms, she walked towards our bedroom.

I smiled, getting up to sit on the sofa again, “Babe?” She called, before entering the bedroom,

“yes?”

“I could never be with you too long, even if I can’t tell what the other sex looks like.”

The End.

Thanks for all of the votes and comments! keep them coming even though this is finished! if you have an requests post on the message board or inbox me :D