Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

"Miss Tweedy stay behind please," My dance teacher called as the class walked out the studio.

I turned around bewildered. I had had a really good lesson I thought, I showed her what I could do, behaved and everything. I actually really enjoyed it.

"Miss I dunno' what your gonna' say but I ain't done anything I swear," I almost pleaded, trying to wipe the sweat off my brow. Nice.

"Oh Miss Tweedy, you have done lot's," She smiled.

"What? I don't get it?" I said, confused.

"I just called you back to say well done for you first lesson, Mrs Way the headmistress, had told me her hopes for you and you have certainly lived up to them, I'm very impressed, keep up in your other subjects Miss Tweedy, because you really have a chance here," She smiled and signalled for me to go.

I was abit in shock to be honest, no teacher had ever given me a compliment like that before, well no I take that back, no teacher hadever given me a compliment before. I had a free now and I really hoped no one was in the dorm, I was sweaty, was in my big, grey tracksuit, white vest to and looked a mess, but it was worth it. When I dance it's like a different person comes out, I can do what I want and really express myself, I can't explain it, but it just feels good. It's the only thing I've ever been good at and it's probably what keeps me sane. I walked through the common room, earning bitchy stares from the slags that I had clashed with on my first day, but I chose to ignore them this time, I had had a good day, they didn't deserve to ruin it. I walked straight past them and into the corridor with the dorm door at the end, I opened it in anticipation to see if anyone was in. There was, it was Kimberley, she was kneeled on the floor, emptying the entire contents of her clothes draw that was under her bed, she turned to me and smiled as she heard me walk in,

"You look hot," She giggled, staring at my sweat soaked top.

"Oh don't," I laughed slightly embarrassed.

"Well it proves you had a good session," She winked, "How was it?"

"It was really good actually," My happiness obvious on my face.

"Good," She smiled, "You look happy, I think you feel how I feel about my drama,"

I knew how much Kimberley must like performing and stuff, maybe she was right, maybe it was the same. "Yeah I think I must do," She smiled.

I walked over to my bed, about to grab a change of clothes when I was halted by something,

"OH MY *Ducking* HELL, CHERYL, CHERYL," Kimberley jumped up and ran over to me clutching on to me for dear life.

"What the *Duck*!? Kimberley what are you screaming about?" I asked, perplexed as I held onto her arm that was clutched on to me.

"In-In the drawer, the-the biggest, biggest," She could hardly bring herself to say it, " biggest spider I have ever seen," She stammered, struck with fear.

"Oh my god Kimberley, you are joking? A spider!?" I started to laugh.

She looked offended, making me laugh more, "What!? It's not funny, I hate them," She pouted.

"Would you like me to dispose of it for you?" I asked still holding back the laughter.

"Yes please," She whispered, letting go of me.

I walked over to her drawer, found the offending spider, cupped it in my hands and walked over to the window, dropping the spider out onto the ledge and closing the window. All whilst Kimberley looked on, with a look of horror on her face. I turned around to face her and smiled, "All done,"

"How - did - you - do - that," She asked like a robot.

"Well you saw what I did," I giggled. "Why are you so scared of them!?"

"Because they are just - urghh,"

"They are not something to be scared of, your bigger then them!" I stated.

"Go on then, you must be scared of something," She asked.

"I'm only scared of things that are worth being scared of," I replied.

"Like?"

"Thunder," I said, causing a shiver down my spine.

"Thunder?" She repeated. "Now how is that scary!?"

"It's just scary ain't it, especially at night, I hated it ever since I was a kid, reminds me of some bad times too," I trailed off.

"Ohh I'm sorry," She replied looking concerned.

"Nahh, don't worry about it, just my dad left on a night it thundered and was just a really horrible night, I was only young and ever since then I have just hated it, stupid I know," I smiled weakly.

"I don't think it's stupid," She walked over to me and suprised me, giving me hug. I didn't really know how to react, I was never really one for contact but I found myself hugging back, hard.

"Thank you Kim," I mumbled into her shoulder.

"For what?" She mumbled back.

"For this."