Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

"How was the rainy day out," Sarah asked as we walked through the door. 

I answered before Kimberley had the chance, "It was really good and the umbrella worked, just about," We laughed.

"Yeah it was really good," Kimberley smiled at me.

***********************************************

It was the next day, Sunday. Apparently Sundays were meant for studying but I didn’t get much of that done, and besides, I didn’t have much to do yet anyway, Kimberley however seemed engrossed in a rather large book, which I must admit, kept trying to distract her from, earning many frowns and pokes from her.

“Kimberley, you don’t have to read that, just come out the dorm into the common room with us,” I pleaded, as Sarah walked into the dorm. 

“What are you doing?” Sarah asked looking at Kimberley led on her bed, reading. 

“I’m trying to read,” She smiled, looking at me.

Sarah merely frowned and said, "Well rather you then me, but anyways Kim, a message from the head, you've got to go to her office as soon as your back, which I guess is now," 

Kimberley face was plastered with fear, "What? Why? What did she say?"

Sarah merely shrugged, "I dunno do I, I'm just a messenger,"

"Do you think it's about us sneaking out?" Kimberley asked worried. 

"Nah course not, if it was we'd all be in the sh!t,"

Kimberley seemed satisfied by this answer atleast, "Well I best go then I guess," She said with a nervous glance at me.

"Good luck," I winked. I knew she wouldn't be in trouble, this was Kimberley for gods sake.

She door banged as she left the room, "That girl worries to much," Sarah smiled, "Look at her, she ain't gunna be in any trouble,"

"Ayee I agree, I wonder what its about though," I wondered.

"Probably just enquiring about, 'what we think of the new canteen' or some sh!t," Sarah laughed, "Good day then?" She asked me again.

"Yeah really good," I smiled again. "Kimberley is lovely,"

"She is that, she is just to trusting sometimes, I've seen people take advantage of her," Sarah narrowed her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Well boys, especially that Martin. He ain't good enough for her, no one is for Kimba to be honest, and well I've seen her make friends with new girls, like yourself, and them for them only to go and slag her off behind her back, knowing full well she won't do anything about it,"

I searched Sarah's eyes to find an idea of what she was getting at, "I hope you don't think I'm like that," I said, staring into her eyes. 

"I thought you were at first, I'll be honest. But not so much now, I think your fit in with us you know,"

I smiled, "I'm sorry I came across badly at first, but I wouldn't do that to anyone, especially not Kim," I tried to reassure her.

"I never said you would, but I just like to see that she's safe and it seems she is, so no worrys," she smiled.

"I think you’re a good friend to protect her like that," I told her. 

"Sometimes she needs it, she's to nice for her own good that girl," Sarah smiled, our conversation was stopped abruptly by Kimberley waltzing back in to the room.