Chapter 15; fat baby butt soft!

"Mom?" I asked, sitting down on the couch right beside her. "Hm?" I looked over her shoulder and watched as he played Candy Crush on her phone.

"Why'd you say yes to Reid?" She smiled and grabbed a potato chip, popping it into her mouth. "You think I didn't know what you two did this morning? And no matter how much you try to deny you don't like him, I know you do."

I blush at the image of this morning. My stomach flips over. "W-What? I- He- I- but- Eugh! I'm going to kill Reid."

My mom laughed. "Baby, you've got to learn when to be brave. I know you hate showing or telling your feelings. But that boy will figure it out if you don't tell him. He's smart and knows how to manipulate you to get your feelings to show. Like the other week when he was flirting with Eva? He was just trying to make you jealous, darling. That was it."

My jaw falls and I look up at my mother in shock. "What? He-he did that to make me jealous?" She nodded. "Yes, sweetheart."

"Reid! I'm going to kill you!" And I was serious this time. My mom laughed and shook her head. "You guys are adorable."

I pushed her shoulder, but smiled. I stood up and started walking down the hall. "Night mother!"

"Night daughter! Love you!"

"Love you too!"

I laughed as I walked towards my room. I was about to open my door, but soft sobs stopped me.

The hell?

I meld my eyebrows into one, confused. I then followed the sound.

Eva's room?

I lightly crack the door open and look inside. I see Eva on the floor, her knees to her chest and her arms wrapped around her knees. She cried into her arms. Even though I hated her, she was still my sister.

I walk in the room and shut the door behind me, making sure to not make a noise.

"Eva?" She gasps and looks up at me, her eyes puffy and red from crying. But even in the darkness, I could see her blue eyes glisten with tears. I felt my bottom lip tremble and I rushed to her side, wrapping my arms around her.

"Eva, what's wrong?" I asked, feeling my eyes start to water up. Wow. She's a bitch to me but I still cry when she cries. Guess it's the sister thing.

"Everything, trip. Everything," she sniffled and I pushed her head under my chin, squeezing her tightly. Her body may be older than mine, but her mind isn't. My minds older. Metaphorically speaking obviously.

"You and mom has this perfect relationship. You could go years without talking and come back and act like no time has passed. Me and dad never speak to each other. And whenever I'm down here, mom barley speaks to me also."

A sad smile mad it's way onto my face and I kissed her head, rubbing her back. "Eva, I'm sorry... I had no Idea dad was like that. I'm sorry."

"No. I should be sorry. I put on this act and am a complete bitch to you just because I'm jealous. I'm jealous because you have a parent. A best friend since you were little. And now a perfect boyfriend! He's nice and even asks mom just for permission to ask you out!" She sobs harder. "My ex only ever used me."

I felt my fists clench in anger. Nobody messes with my sister. I don't care how much of a bitch she is, I'm the only one that's aloud to be a bigger bitch back.

"Then he's a stupid asshole that's gonna die if he ever does it again." She let out a small laugh and leaned away, wiping her eyes. "I'm so sorry, trip. I was so mean to you." I smiled and shook my head, hugging her again.