Chapter 9; Fight

"So Reid, how long have you known Eden?" my mom asks, taking a bite of her hot dog. I shake my head and eat a french fry. "Um... almost five years... right Eden?" He asks me. I look up and clench my jaw.

"Yea." I answer simply. My mom nods. "Hm. Then why haven't I met you?" My mom has been asking him random questions ever since he walked through the door five minutes ago. And now she decides to ask him about me? She's trying to pin it on him. Of why I was acting out once.

"I just moved back into town. I lived here back until ninth grade." My mom narrowed her eyes in on Reid. His eyes were wider than usual and you could tell he was uncomfortable under my moms gaze. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Mom stop, your making him nervous." I said. She looked at me and smiled. Then looked at her food. "Oh I do this with everyone. I'm just trying to read you."

"Your suppose to read books, not people-ow!" My mom slapped the back of my head and Reid just laughed. "Well at least I know where you get that from." I glared at him. He chuckled.

"Anyways, I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions. I was just wondering about Eden's friends. She's not that good with making new friends-"

"Mom,"

"It's not like I'm judging her. I just think she should be more out there instead of being shy-"

"Mom," I said stricter. She just kept talking, ignoring me. "And she's never had a boyfriend. That's why I asked you. I was hoping you'd be her first boyfriend but-"

"Mom!" I screamed, standing up and slamming my hands on the table. I purse my lips together and sigh. "I think it's time for Reid to leave." My mom looks up at me, shocked. She knows I never snap like this. But she was pushing me.

I swallow and look at Reid. I gave him that look saying 'Door. Now'. He got the hint and stood up. We walked towards the door and I shut it behind us. I crossed my arms and leaned against it.

Reid stands in front of me, his hands shoved into his pockets. He stifled a small laugh and shook his head. "I like your mom."

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I'm sorry. She's just..." I groan and tub my face. Reid smiled at me. "It's alright. I get it. My moms like that too." I nodded and we then stood there. Great, more awkward silence.

I swallow hard. "Um.. can we just forget this ever happened?" He nodded. "Yep. Bye."

"Bye." he turned to go to his car and I turned to go in the house.

And now I have to deal with my mom.

I slowly enter the kitchen. "Mom... I'm sorry for yelling at you. I just..."

My mom smiled at me... she smiled at me! She stood and walked towards me, embracing me in a hug. I immediately respond by hugging her back. She rubs my back. "No, I'm sorry Eden. I just... I want to meet one of your boyfriends. You've never brought a boyfriend to meet me and I just feel like your hiding it."

I laughed and pulled away. "No. Trust me, I'm not. I just don't need a guy to be happy. Besides, I'd just have to break up with him when I go to college."

She smiled and pushed some hair behind my ear. "Oh my beautiful little girl, when did you get so smart and independent?"

I smiled back and hugged her. "When my amazing mom taught me."

~~~*~~~

"What is your problem?!" I groaned and turned around to glare at Brim. "I don't have a problem."

"You just can't back off him, can you?!" I rose my eyebrows into my hair. "Seriously?! I already told you I don't like him!"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I'm done using words with you! You obviously can't take a hint, so this is how I'm going to send you the message." She doesn't wait any time before punching me right in the nose.