Chapter one; He's possessed!

You know that really throat closing moment when you drop all your stuff on the ground and it makes a loud noise, causing everyone's attention?

Well, that in the situation I'm in now. I have just dropped all my stuff and it scattered all across the floor like marbles on a hard wood floor. My cheeks heat up and I quickly bend down the pick everything up. The fact that isn't helping is that It's the first day of senior year.... my last year in high school.

A large male hand grabs two of my binders and hands them to me. I look up and sigh in relief. "Thanks Tanner." He rolled his eyes and stood up, having another book in his hand. I grabbed it and placed it on my stack. "You always start the year by doing embarrassing stuff. You should be used to it by now."

Tanner has been my best friend since eighth grade. We were pretty much forcing ourselves to talk to each other because neither of us had friends in our lunch class. So next thing you know, we start talking and become best friends.

Tanner has bleach blonde hair with bright green eyes. He has that perfect face with just the right features. I seriously don't get how he doesn't have a girlfriend. He gets asked plenty of times but turns them down every single time. I've told him before he should try it but he always replied with "I'm waiting for the right one." So I don't even bother half the time.

I stifled a laugh as we walked down the halls. "Yea. Tell me about it. I'm just that really awkward girl that never does anything right."

"You run right."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "Wow. I'm so talented, I can run!" I said sarcastically. Tanner laughed and shoved my shoulder. "Shut up, bitch brain." I smiled, but it only lasted a second before I pretty much tripped over my own foot. And once again, all my stuff dropped, making a loud fucking noise.

I groaned and started picking my stuff up. But Tanner grabbed my wrist and pushed it away, picking all my stuff up in his arms. "Why don't I just carry it?" I laughed and grabbed a pencil that was laying there. "That would be a good idea."

Tanner shook his head in disappointment, but smiled. After a few seconds of silence, he speaks up. "Hey you remember Reid Collins?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at Tanner. "Reid as in... my freshman crush, Reid?"

He nodded. "Yep. That one." I nodded and looked back ahead of me. "Yep. How could I forget? Every day I stared at the back of his head thinking about what to say." Tanner answered as soon as I finished.

"He's moving back."

The pencil I was holding slipped from my fingers and fell to the floor. I stopped in my tracks with my eyes wide.

He's coming back... Oh my god.

"Uh.... Eden? Are you okay?" I shook my head and fake coughed, bending down to pick up the pencil. "Uh, yea. I just had a cramp," Tanner laughed and shook his head as we started walking. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "What?" He shook his head. "You still like him."

"No. I don't. I'm just... shocked is all. That's it." He just laughed. "Whatever you say bitch brain."

"That's right dumbass dick." I replied, a smile on my face. Tanner glared at me and I just shoved his shoulder with mine.

~~~*~~~

Mr. Tillman writes the next equation on the board. Which is some long problem that I don't know.

He gives us two minutes to figure it out and before I even get a chance to try the problem, the girl beside me raises her hand. I internally groan. She always gets it. He points to her. "Piper."

She smiles wildly and straightens her back in a proud way. "Negative thirty nine." He nods and writes it on the active board. I shake my head and pull my planner out of my book. I need a break. I then write 'bathroom' on it and take it to the teacher.