Chapter 11; New boy

Song; Tell me something I don't know by Selena Gomez.

Ever since Reid showed up, he's been bugging me, hanging around me, following me like a lost puppy and messing with me. And this week is when I realise all of it. Because Reid's been avoiding me all week long. Ever since last Friday.

Today it's Thursday.

Him and Dexter doesn't sit with us at lunch like they usually do. Reid sits far away from me in each class. And anytime I look at him, he's flirting with some other girl. I will admit.. it hurts. But what can I do? I'm not dating him. I don't want to date him. I don't even know why it bothers me.

I have just decided to never look at him again and I won't see it. Yep, that'd what I'm gonna do.

"I'm going to kill Reid." Tanner says as we sit down at the lunch table. "Why?" Tanner gave me that 'Don't play dumb' look. "Don't shit me, Eden. I know he's the reason your Downer Debbie." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "What Reid does to me, has no effect whatsoever. The only reason I'm down is because my sister is in town."

"Why do you hate her so much?"

"Because it's all an act. Her hyper attitude and curiosity of everything. She already knows everything about everyone in the family. Including friends. She already knew about you and football before ya'll met."

Tanner melds his eyebrows into one. "An act? How do you know?" I rolled my eyes. "For one) she's my sister. And two) she's a bitch to me when no one's watching. She makes me seem like the bad guy because everyone knows I hate her. But I've told my mom and she knows about it. But it's not like she can do anything. Eva only listens to dad."

"Who you don't even see! That's stupid. They have you guys separated. You never see your dad but she see's both of then at times."

"But that's the thing, Tanner. I don't want to see him. I have no relationship with him, nor do I have an interest to. He doesn't either."

He rubs his face. "Oh my god, your nothing like my family." I laughed and kicked his leg.

Suddenly, everything in the cafeteria went silent. Tanner looked behind me, a little shocked. I bend my eyebrows together and turn in my seat.

Everyone was silent because they were all staring at the new guy. And I can see why. He was hot as hell. You want me to tell you how hot he is? Hotter than Reid... by a long shot! Man, I thought Reid had a perfect jawline. But now I know the true meaning to that.

He had blonde hair, kinda like Tanner's, but a dirty blonde. He had blue eyes like mine, but his were brighter and more alive. High cheekbones from angels. Dimples around the edges of his lips when he smiles, and freckles right under his eyes. He had chest nut skin that was the perfect mix between tan and pale. He had on black and white nikes, jeans, and a blue t-shirt. Then a necklace hanging down to his stomach with a cross on it.

My cheeks heated up by just looking at him. I turned away and towards Tanner. He smirked. "Aw, does wittle Eden have a cwush?" He joked in a whisper. I rolled my eyes. "Tanner you dumbass, I don't know him. He's just... hot."

Tanner laughed and I could hear chairs turning towards us. It was silent, and Tanner just ruined that. And.. maybe it's from hanging out with Reid so much... but I turned around, towards everyone and raised my eyebrows, questioningly.

"What? Haven't you ever laughed before?" Everyone looked at me another minute before slowly turning away. Everyone started talking again and when I looked up to see Mr. perfect again, he was over at Reid's table... talking to Reid.

I instantly looked away.

If he's a friend of Reid's, then he suddenly doesn't seem so hot anymore.