Chapter 41: Conquering Fears

Start from the beginning

Tomorrow would be interesting.
-----------------------------------------------------

~Levy's POV~

"Where are we?" I asked, looking around.

We were standing on a huge blacktop, and I could see a large building that was about half a mile away.

"Guess," Lucy challenged.

"I honestly have no idea," I replied, shaking my head.

"Oh you'll know soon, trust me." Lucy smirked.

Yeah that was never a good sign.

But instead of entering the building, Mira lead us to an airplane.

As we reached the plane, I saw a man standing there. He looked to be around 18, with brown eyes that sparkled with amusement, and dark brown hair that fell onto his forehead.

I had to admit, he seemed like one of those guys that got all the girls with just one smile.

"Hey everyone, my name is Ash and I'll be helping you out today," the guy introduced, flashing us a pearly white smile.

I raised my hand. "Helping us out with what exactly?"

"Skydiving, of course," he answered, still smiling.

My eyes snapped over to Mira who was wearing a mischievous smile.

"Mira..."

"Yes Levy?" Mira asked, shooting me an innocent smile.

"You know I am insanely afraid of heights," I started, glaring at her.

"I'm well aware, yes," she replied, calmly.

"And that's why you didn't tell me where we were going," I continued.

"Well you wouldn't have come if I had told you."

"You're right I wouldn't have, and I'm still not going skydiving now," I informed her.

I felt a rough hand on my head, and I looked up to see Gajeel.

"Oh yes you are Shrimp," Gajeel said, picking me up bridal style.

"Put me down you big doofus," I yelled, punching his chest.

"Levy is it?" Ash asked, walking towards me.

I nodded.

"Don't worry, you'll do great. I understand your fear of heights, because I had it too," he said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"My brother did the same thing that Mira did. He blindfolded me, and didn't let me see anything until the plane was already high in the sky, and we were getting ready to jump," he explained.

"And did you?"

Ash laughed. "I wouldn't, so my brother pushed me off. Even with the instructor right there with me, I was still terrified."

I laughed. "What an amazing brother."

"Yeah, I know right? Well anyways, after that the fear just disappeared, and here I am now. So my advice is to give it a try. Because you never know if you'll like it or not until you do."

I slowly nodded, smiling. "I'll try."

"Great!" Ash exclaimed, clapping his hands.

After that, Gajeel put me down, but for some reason he wasn't in as good of a mood as he was when we first got here.

Anyways, Ash explained the whole skydiving concept to us, before helping us gear up. We split up and climbed into two planes, seeing as though there were nine of us.