Epilogue - Smashing Television Sets.

• Dedicated to To those who have stuck with this book.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Epilogue - Smashing Television Sets.

Even after four hours, it seemed like the echoing sound of the explosion remained. Rubble lay where the school of St. Alan's once stood. Nothing moved and not a sound could be searched for within the depths of the debris. Except a small television set that flashed and buzzed on, laid a the centre of whats left of the school .

The set was small and the screen was blood splattered. The television was covered in small cracks, but didn't seem to be very damaged. The small box belonged in the teachers staff room, where the teachers should be right now. Filled with life and annoyance caused but students. However, that could never be the case anymore. The screen was dusty, but the static it was emitting was still visible. Then, the screen began to flicker, and suddenly a programme began playing.

" 'Hello,'A women began, she had short blond hair, and soft green eyes. She was pretty, but had a feel of formality about her, ", and welcome to the seven o'clock news, I am Sandra Pickard." The women straightened herself at the desk she sat on, and clasped her hands together. "I has now been four hours since the bomb detonation at St. Alan's Secondary School. We have reports that there are no survivors known of."

The screen of the small, brown, noise box began to flick, making the women on the screen distorted, as was the sound. There was no wire on the television, it seemed like it was battery powered, and portable because of the snapped carry handle on the top. The television went unnoticed as Horizon workers began to clear the pieces left of the school. Then, the screen of the happy box stopped flickering and the sound could be heard once again.

" '-One moment.' Sandra, the reporter, raised her hand to rolling camera, and placed a finger on her other hand over her ear piece, which was hidden behind her hair.'We have just recieved and update on the St. Alan's incident. Are we clear to roll the clip?' Sandra asked chewing her lip. "Now, I'd just like to note you may want to look away, because the next clip may cause upset and distress to some viewer.' The new reporter straightened herself at her desk then bit her lip again, looking rather nervous."

Then screen was engulfed by darkness, but then it the screen sprung to life. The clip began to play, with a small red banner running across the bottom of the screen as a constant update. The clips that were playing were of the school. It showed the school all blood splattered and looking like a ghost land. The land of nightmares. The film began to blur and it seemed that the person filming was running, pretty fast too. Like this person was an athlete. Once they stopped running, their breathing was heavy and as they looked up with the camera, just a see a boy. This boy was covered in blood, well his face at least. His skin was a greenish-grey colour and when he looked up his eyes were all white, but the rim of his eyes had a thin strip of blood surrounding them. The boy started towards the person holding the camera, but the holder ran, murmuring profanities under their breath.

The next clip was played, and it featured part of the brick wall,and a faint screaming in the backdrop, but due to the lack of sound quality, it was very vague. Then the camera was abruptly moved, and the brick wall, that the camera seemed to be pressed up against, was not longer there. Instead, there was a crystal clear clip of a girl ,wearing the St. Alan's uniform, over powering a full grown man, who was most likely a teacher, and began ripping into the flesh of his neck. The man strangled and gurgled a few scream but was soon silence when the screen of the television went blank.

Then, colour returned to the screen, ad the new reporter, Sandra, was wiping tears from her big, round eyes. " 'Due to the disturbing-" Sandra began, but her voice cracked.'-and distressing nature of this footage we my cease to broadcast it. However, some of our researchers have looked through these clips, and we have discovered that some students of the school were moving freely throughout it, but these students have not been found. These students are, Luke Nife, Claire Lesly, Alice Drenfeld, Brandon Jones, and Lilian Blackwell, other wise know as Leigh.' " When the woman spoke Leigh's name a yelp, and a sudden, short scream was heard from under the small television.