Chapter 26 - Be My Detonator.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 26 - Be My Detonator.

Brandon walked hesitantly to the front gates of the school. To where this adventure began for him. He could remember walking up these cobbles to where he would meet some pretty bad-ass people. Especially Leigh.

He wondered if this plan Lucy and her had devised would work. Then again if he didn't take that chance, then there would be no chance that they would ever get out of St. Alan's in one piece. He sagged his shouldered, and look a small look back to the arches, where the car they had been driving was. He sighed and quickened his pace towards the gates.Once he reached the black iron gate way, he stopped, then looked back one last time before stepping through them. Immediately there was a reaction.

Every Horizon guard that was stood out there turned there attention towards him. Those with guns clicked the safety off and pointed them towards Brandon, ready to fire.

Brandon raised his hands steadily, and said, "Don't shoot. I'm Brandon Philip Smith." The looked around. There was several large trucks and vans. A few had sign's on. There was a radio communications centre too, which, Brandon expected, would be the thing blocking most signals. Most of the guards were looking at him bewildered, some must have known who he was, and that played well for him. Brandon then found a stronger voice, "I'm the boy who is immune to the MV-Infection. You don't want me dead, do you?"

Then a young man stepped forward, he could have been in his early twenties. He had somewhat short brown hair, and was considerably tall. He had an aura of authority about him, and there was no doubt he was the leader of this mission. The man smiled victoriously at Brandon, showing all his perfect straight teeth.

"How nice to finally meet you, Brandon." The man had a deep voice, which Brandon semi-recognised as he spoke. "We've heard alot about you and your... friend. He also had a lovely conversation with another one of your other friends, isn't that right...Lucy?" The man grinned like a Cheshire cat when he said Lucy's name.

Then, Brandon saw Lucy being pulled out of one of Horzon's vans, roughly. To large guard's had brusing grip, dragging her to stand beside the strange man who was still grinning. Brandon gasped at the sight of her, when she looked up at him. She had a black eye, with a bruise that spread to her eyebrow. Her nose was bloody and crooked, and it was definitely broken. Her lips were swollen and slip in many places. One of her cheeks had a slash on it, causing blood to run down the rest of her face and neck. Lucy's short hair was messed up and blood was dripping from it, like some one had hit her with a blunt object.

"Lucy." Brandon tried to shout, but it came ut as a whisper and was caught by the wind.

"What a spectacular turn of events! Now, I suggest you come with us, before I shoot this little traitor straight in the head." The man threatened, with a sly smile. Brandon looked to Lucy who's eyes were wide and frightened, and still Lucy shook her head at him. Lucy then mouthed, "Trust me." to him. The gun was pointed straight at her temple. One shot and she would be dead.

Brandon could here a revving sound. It sounded like a car, then he realised what it was. He lowered his hands, and most Horizon guards were looking around trying to find the source of the sound. Brandon was briefly coated in shadows, he looked up but couldn't see anything. But, then he saw the shadow that had covered him pass over some Horizon guards, including the strange men who was holding Lucy, and they all looked up. Then, the shadow settled on top of one of Horizon's vans, and got larger and larger. Many guards had found the source of the black spot, and were shouting to the people inside of the van and some began to run out, but it was too late.