Chapter 6 - The Kitchen.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 6 - The Kitchen.

The group made there way through the corridors, heading for the dinning hall. The two younger boys, Callum and Joe, mainly stuck together and every so often had to stop so Joe could clean his glasses which had been clouded with steam from all his tears. Alice, Alex and Leigh stayed together, Leigh always holding a frightened Alice's hand. The cute emo-boy was stuck with Claire who couldn't fight for herself and sobbed hysterically into the dark-haired boys jacket when anything threatening attacked. Luke was either leading the way or defending the back at any one time. He seemed to have a connection with Lucy and at any chance he got he would try and impress her. Lucy her self always seemed to blush when these event occurred, and often offered an awkward giggle.

The wandered through the hall, which surprisingly were free from the undead. Eventually, Claire left the 15-year-old and took a position in the middle of the group, with more confidence. Once he was free from her, Leigh broke away from Alice whispering comforting words to her, and walked over to the one she proclaimed 'Newbie'.

"Hey." She said casually

"'Sup?" Was his smart answer.

"I was just seeing if you were okay. I mean Claire's a bit, well, clingy."

"Tell, me about it. Oh, before I forget. What does the 'L' mean on your jacket?." She let out a chuckle.

"You're not a fan of anime, are you?"

"No, I'm not. Why?"

"Never mind. Just know the 'L' is one of the worlds greatest minds."

"Sure, sure." He answered back with a perplexed look on his face. "Have you had any sort of training?"

"Training?"

"Yeah. Like physically."

"Oh, You like my skills, do you?"

"Not particularly. I was just wondering. I mean you a pretty fast runner. You run fast even in sneakers. He looked critically at her black and white high-tops.

"Hey-" She said smacking his arm playfully "-don't diss, and the reason I run fast is because I'm the school's Athletics's champion."

"You are?"

"Yeah, look." She pointed to one of the schools display cases, through the blood splatter you could she her picture with the rest of the athletics's team. "We can talk about it later, but we're close to the dining hall and i haven't eaten in, like, 8 hours."

Then without another word the group ran a head, straigh into the dining hall.

"Sweet!" Callum exclaimed. "No zombies." He ran forward but ended up slipping on some bload that was flowing out of the kitchen. "What the hell!" He scrambles to his feet backing up. Then his sniffed the blood. Gross. "This doesn't smell bad."

"What do you mean?" Asked Lucy.

"I think this is the blood of people who are, you know, not zombies."

"Why would their blood be here?"

"I think I know why." Said Alice who was looking through the other entrance into the kitchen.

The rest of the group look in and were horrified by the sceptical. There was the bodies of two survivors with their throats slit. The were both sat on and tied the chairs, with the kitchen staff laughing manically whilst cutting chunks of flesh of them.

"It's almost lunch, Betty!" Yelled a rather plumb women to one who was much more frail.

"I know. I know. The kids will just have to wait if the food isn't prepared, now won't they?" Betty replied.

Then another women, who as considerably taller than the others,  entered the room carrying a large butcher knife. "I'm glad we've got fresh meat ,girls. These two bastards have supplied us with lunch." She hissed. "You shouldn't have been trying to steal from our kitchen, should you?" She spoke directly to the two corpses, then burst into a fit of laughter.

"They're insane!" Luke whispered furiously.

"We have get away from here and fast. They'll kill us!" Joe said in a hushed tone.

"I don't wanna' die, Leigh." Alice sobbed into Leigh's shoulder. This caused the women in the kitchen's head's to shoot up.

"Who's there?" Called the plumb women, picking up a large knife.

"Shit!" Exclaimed the emo-boy " What do we do?"

"Get back." Leigh and Alex said together. Leigh tried to take a step forward but Alex held his arm out to stop her. The rest of the group took a few steps back as quietly as they could. Until Claire's phone started blaring music loudly, she tried to muffled it but it didn't work. So the emo-guy grabbed her phone, threw it on the floor then proceeded to smash it with his combat boots. It stopped. They all breathed a sigh of relief, except Claire who as staring at the smashed pieces of her phone in clear shock.

"What are you doin'?" Boomed the voice of the women branding the butcher knife. The group looked up in fear. "What are you out of lessons?"

"Please, Listen. Everyone is dead, we just-" Leigh began in a soft voice.

"You just what?" The frail women snapped.

"They must have come to steal our food!" The plumb women growled.

"Food? That's human meat, you monsters! You're killing people for food, who would want to eat that?" Luke let loose his face and neck becoming an angry red.

"How dare you. You filthy rats! We work so hard to feed you ungrateful slime!." The tallest women said, no not said, screeched. "We'll just 'av to teach you a lesson. Then we'll see how grateful you are!"

The group was trapped into a corner by the three grotesque women, as each moment their face grew more and more ugly.

"What do we do?" Asked Alex.

"We fight!" Leigh and Emo boy responded together.

They would fight, until their last man would fall. They would fight to survive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello guys! I haven't done an authors note for the past few chapters, but they're back! Comment and suggest things if you wish. You are gong to hate me for what happens in these upcoming chapters but it must be done! Thanking you for reading! <3