Chapter 20 - Dripping Blood.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 20 - Dripping Blood.

Emo-boy talked to Lucy, in a corner of a room whilst Leigh was still trying to calm down Alice. He explained what her believed to Lucy, hoping she could see some sense in his logic. She didn't seem fazed at all by what he said, she just nodded along.

"It's like a soap opra!" Alana snickered, from the desk she was leaning on while Emo-boy elaborated on his theory.

Emo-boy scowled, but didn't even look her way. Alana couldn't be here, not now, not ever. Alana drifted throughout the room, and every so often Leigh's eyes would flitted her way. This confused the boy whos name was still unknown, could Leigh see Alana? If so, how? Alana could never be here, stood in this music classroom with the survivors.

"I'm going to need to take some of your blood, is that okay?" Lucy asked, snapping the 15-year-old boy out of his daze.

"Of course it is, but will this help?"

"If what your telling me is infact correct, then it's source will be in your blood."

"Okay."

"However, I don't have a syringe on me, so I will have to cut you and contain your blood in on my sterilised containers. Are you sure this is okay?"

"Yep." He said popping the 'p'. "I have a pocket knife, wait a second." He put his combat boot on one the desks and retrieved a small object from pocket on the side of his boot. He set his shoe back of ground, keeping the small object in his hand. He pressed the silver button on the side, and with a click a sharp blade appeared.

"You carry a knife around with you? Isn't that illegal?" Alana snickered.

"I always carry my knife around with me. My dad told me to, and I don't know why." Emo-boy said, in response to Lucy's questioning look.

"Maybe it has something to do with the fact you were never ever supposed to be at the school." Leigh's voice caused them to snap their heads up.

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked, brows furrowing together.

"You missed a day. A whole day. Stuff like that isn't coincidental." Leigh responded with a shrug.

"It does make some sense." Alice joined in the conversation, with a hoarse voice from crying.

"I suppose." Emo-boy agreed reluctantly.

"On another note, we should get moving." Leigh decided, rubbing her hands together.

"Yeah, but me and Lucy have got something to do. Wait here, please."

"Okay we'll wait, but come back before I take a chunk out of Alice, will you."

"Jeez, way to be blunt, Leigh." Alice murmured, shifting uncomfortably.

"You got it, babe." Leigh joked and winked at Alice.

The only boy of the group walked out of the music room, looking for the infected, as he made his way to another room on the corridor. Once her entered, he could hear Lucy follow him. He sat down on one the desk and pulled out his pocket knife, then handed it to Lucy.

"You sure about this?" Lucy asked him, whilst Lucy pulled out a small container.

"It's worth a shot, right?" He retorted.

Lucy didn't answer. She reached for his hand and place the sharp edge of the blade on the palm of his hand. Instinctively, his closed his fist around it. Emo-boy could feel it breaking through his skin. He let out a low hiss and blood seeped through his fingers. Lucy placed the container under his bleeding hand and caught the blood droplets.

Dripping like red inverted balloons.

Once Lucy had filled up the container about a third of the way up, she carefully unclasped his hand from the knife, took the blade and set it down on the table. She clicked the lid onto of the container of blood.

Pain was written all over Emo-boys face, and a few tears were running down ths corners of his eyes.

"Let me look at your hand." Lucy said softly. He reached out and let her look. "I'm going to clean it okay? And bandage it."

Lucy began her work. Every so often Emo-boy would let our a dry sob of pain, but let Lucy continue. Once she was finished, he took his hand back with a wince.

"Can you make it work?" He asked her with watery eyes.

"I'll try." Her voice was soothing.

The sound of yelling and screaming made them divert their attention. Had Leigh become one of them? Had she hurt Alice? Emo-boy grabbed his bloody knife and opened the door to see Leigh and Alice running past. What were they running from? Then he saw. Alex was running after them, screaming and yelling Leigh's name. He was haunting her.

Alex stopped and turned towards Emo-boy and threw himself at his and Lucy. Emo-boy pushed on the door's just in time to stop Alex from ripping him of his throat. Alex clawed from behind the door, trying to kill them

"Quick! Through the window!" Lucy said lunching a chair at the glass. "There a lower platform we can run on!"

Lucy hopped through the broken glass, with her medic kit hung over her shoulder.

 Emo-boy followed after her, just as Alex burst through the door. He ran and jumped onto the lower roof. Then ran. He followed Lucy until they got away from Alex. Lucy stopped and looked at the ground. Alex fell out of the window after them. He was on the ground with his neck bend at an odd angle.

"Do you think he's dead?" Emo-boy asked, still looking down.

Before Lucy could answer him, Alex began to twitch, A sickening crack echoed through the air as his neck went back into place.

"It's not possible. He broke his neck, he should be terminated." Lucy exclaimed.

"I don't know what to say."

"He'll go after Leigh and Alice know. You have to find them."

"Me?"

"Yeah, I have to go work on that serum." Lucy gestured towards her bag. " But here." He reached in and handed him a radio.

"I thought you only hand one."

"I lied, but I can't find my gun."

"Your gun?" Emo-boy questioned.

"Yeah it only has three bullets. I lost a while ago, but now it's really-" Lucy was cut off.

A gun shot sounded through the school

"I think I found your gun." Emo-boy told her, taking in a small gulp of air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! OMG! I'M SOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Science Fiction #437 and Horror #486! You guys are AWESOME!

*cough* Hrm, back to normal. Hello, there! How're you? Sorry it's been almost a month since I uploaded, i've been busy. Sorry!

BTW, the song on the side is Stone Sour - Through Glass. I would use that song to make Awesome Sauce :3

The picture in the side is of Alex when he was human 0.0 Before you say anything, I know it' Harry Styles from One direction. But, I couldn't;t find anyone else to fit Alex's describtion. Sorry.

Thanking you for reading!