Chapter 24 - She Wanted to Play.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 24 - She wanted to Play.

Emo-boy began walking through the school, with nothing but Alice's flip-camera, a meager pocket knife as a weapon and his school uniform on his back. Oh, and the radio, which was vital if he was too escape. He was nervous, not to mention scared. He as also sceptical about Lucy's decision to leave Leigh behind. He had always hung on Lucy's every word and opinion ever since he met her. Several hours ago. Maybe he was being naive, maybe not, but what ever the case he regretted leaving Leigh alone while she was in such pain. Never the less, he had to continue through the school.

He walked down the corridor, and was sprung by two zombies, who seemed to be hissing things at him. Things that almost sounded human. They were hissing a name. They stalked around him, almost tauntingly. As if they wanted to play. Just like someone he knew once. One of the zombies, a boy, threw himself towards his prey, but Emo-boy grabbed onto his blond hair. The zombies teeth snapped at his face, until it took this weapon and dove it into the zombies head, with a crunch. Blood spurted out from the zombies head, showering Emo-boy in the vile slime. He dropped the body to the floor, and pulled his knife out. Turning around just in time to catch the other zombie, a girl with stunning blond hair, throwingherself onto of him. He gabbed her wrists with both his hands, causing his only weapon to fly across the floor.

"She..." The zombie girl gurgled, blood drippingfrom her mouth onto Emo-boys face. She leaned over him, and looked into his eyes. "...wants to play..."

His eyes widened. There was only one person he could remember saying almost exactly those words. Then, he narrowed his eyes at the dead girl hanging over him.

"If she wants to play, let them games begin." Emo-boy spat, then kneed the zombie in the stomach, stunning her. He used this advantage, and flip her onto her back, then jump to his feet.

The zombie girl let out a screech in complaint, but Emo-boy stunned her by kicking her in her face. If this was one of her games, he wasn't going to play fair. He kicked her head again, and again. The girl was screeching, but did something he didn't expect. She grabbed his ankle and brought it to her mouth, trying to bite it. If he infected her here, he wouldn't be able to run and the side effects of his already minor infection would progress. He struggled to lift his foot over to top of her head, he slammed his foot down as hard as he could. His combat boots broken through her skull, and destroyed her brain. He slammed his foot down again, then several more time, in a fit of rage.

Once he had finished destroying the zombie girls brain, he slugged over to where his knife was and picked it up, then look back the girl he had just put out of her misery. Emo-boy noticed something shinning one her neck, so he went over to inspect it. He kneeled over the girl, and leaned over too look at her. There was a circular lock hooked around her neck. he quickly snatched it from her neck, and stood up.

He turned the locket the the bleak light. There was something inscribed on it; Best Friends Forever. Emo-boy was intrigued, so he clicked the locket open and gasped at what he saw. Inside was a picture of the blond girl he had just killed, and Leigh. Then, something brought him to realisation. This was Eloise. The girl Leigh talked about when he first met her.

 Oh no, Emo-boy thought. This was bad. Really, really bad. But he had to continue, so he slipped the locket into his trouser pocket and began walking again.

There was no zombies on his why to the back school yard. However, when he got out there, there they were. In their hundreds. He froze at the door, as the zombies turned towards him. He flinch, and they didn't move. He could see, within the crowd, Alice, Luke, Callum and Joe. Four of his friends that had suffered greatly.