Chapter 19 - St. Alan's.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 19 - St. Alan's.

"Are you serious?" Leigh questioned. She was furious. 'How could you keep this from us?" A deadly urge was bubbling up inside of her. She, honest to god, had begun to trust him and this was something she couldn't take right now.

"Look, I didn't think it was important, okay? This only answers why she got jittery when we were talking about Horizon and anyway why are you so angry?" Emo-boy said with clear annoyance.

Leigh took a step forward, her jaw clenched. She was seeing red. How could he? He copied her actions, squaring up to her.

"Listen, Emo-guy, you should probley step away from Leigh." Lucy said timidly.

"You should have told us! Claire got some one to hurt Alice, and get out of her by threatening us. Jeez, I mean come on, your little girlfriend just wandered in here and threatened people I happened to care about!" Leigh said acidicly.

"I'm sorry she hurt Alice, that's not my fault, understand? Plus, she wouldn't be a problem if your oh-so precious Alex hadn't saved her and he wouldn't have gotten himself infected in the process. Yeah, I heard your conversation, big freakin' deal! You know what makes it worse? You had to be stupid and sacrifice yourself to save me. Then Alex felt he had to go on a rampage, trying to find you and kill me in the process. Most of the bad things that have happened so far have been down to you!" He yelled.

Leigh couldn't speak. She was shocked by his outburst. As was everyone else. Leigh's eyes were wide, and regret crossed the face opposite hers.

"I didn't mean that. I'm sorry." He whispered. Leigh did not respond. "I'm sorry." He repeated more firmly this time. He timidly reached out and tried to touch her face, but she slapped his hand away.

Leigh turned away from him and sat down near Alice. The tension in the room could be cut by a knife. Leigh now refuse to look at him. H e had said that everything the had gone wrong had been on to her. She tried her hardest to stop people getting hurt and she came to the realisation that she had failed. Elouise dies because of her, Joe died because of her, Alex became a zombie because of her, Alice as hurt because of her, and Claire had escaped because of her. It was her fault.

"So Lucy please continue your story. I'm ever-so interested in Horizon, and with this new piece of information, we could discover more." Leigh said non-chalantly.

"Well, okay. I should tell you about the school now. As you could have deducted, Horizon developed Mortos-Vivos as a weapon, but they needed fresh human DNA to do so. Therefore, they needed to find people to use and those people who went missing were the unfortunate subjects. Countless humans were used to develop the virus, but it was then realised that testing on a adult was not going to achieve the results they wanted." Lucy explained.

"They used teenagers." Alice said, almost to herself.

"Yes they did." Lucy said sadly. "But, they need to achieve the best results, by using people who possessed the qualities needed and thats when the the school, St. Alan's,  was founded. They say the school was named after another child of Flint Briggs, named Alan. Although, there is no record that I could find of such a person and this is just a rumor."

"They used the student's as test subjects?" Leigh questioned.

"Yes, and still were until this incident, to my knowledge." Everyone seemed shocked by this, except Alice. "Have you never noticed anyone just disappear? Like, there grades begin to slip and there w various letters sent home to parents, the students are punished, they then become detached and there are rumors released about them, they loose their friend and the rest is history."

"Aaron..." Emo-boy whispered. Leigh wanted to tune him out but couldn't.

"And I'm sorry to say this but, before coming here I did some research into the upcoming tests and it turns out that Leigh, and that Emo-guy had promise, I'm sorry." Lucy said, with guilt laced in her voice.

"Don't worry about it, I'm going to die anyway." Leigh shrugged.

"No your not. Lucy can I talk to you. It's really important." Emo-boy said  with a determined look in his eyes. Then his eyes flickered to something else in the room, Leigh followed them and for a split second, saw a girl. She shook her head and look to Alice, who as holding Leighs hand. She had track marks on her face from crying. Leigh rubber her back and smile, but Leigh could see that Alice knew more than see was letting on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello poppets :D How're you? Did you like the chapter? Comment, vote and even become a fan :D I know the chapter is kind of filler, but I really needed to upload :D Thanking you for reading :D

PS: Hope you like the song by Apoptygma Berzerk, it's a bit different than usual and I think it suits Emo-boys and Leigh relationship. And the picture at the side if of Leigh, tell me what you think pleases.