Chapter 3 - Reach the Safehouse.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 3 - Reach the Safehouse.

The group stood side-by-side at the door, looking on at the undead limping around the passage.

"What do we do?" Questioned the emo-boy, turning his head in Leigh's direction.

"We run," She said in a calm manner. " and dodge and hit them, over the head if they attack. Me and Alex will cover you, Newbie." She finished.

"Wait, Newbie? How long has this been going on?"

"We can explain everything when we're in a secure place, okay?"

"Fine. Let's go."

Leigh took a step forward, leading the way and Alex stepped back to guard. The suddenly Leigh broke out into a run dodging the zombies and occasionally when they swiped at her she would hit them with her chisel. 'Newbie' quickly followed fidgiting out of the zombies way and was followed by Alex who took the head off a few zombies causing blood to splatter in a vicinity.

The trio ran as fast as they could away from the danger, their feet scraping on the ground. They turned a corner running down a passage free from zombies, but didn't stop. Just began to stagger, slightly out of breath. The Gothic girls skirt was blowing in the win, much like her hair, as she sighed that small portion of relief. However she carried on. They all did. Until a gasp escaped Alex's lips causing them to halt.

"No. No, no, no. We'll never get through them." Alex whispered, almost to him self.

" We can, we've go to." Leigh responded.

All staring on to the hordes of zombies crowning around the Technology class rooms, the survivors only hope. However, the doors we're not covered by the undead. They had a shot.

"We head for the doors, they should be open. They knew i'd be back around now. Just fight them off as much as you can." Leigh said, trying to find some hope. This showed in her voice and in her deep brown eyes.

Then they all sprinted off, heading for the entrance to the safe-house. Leigh was in front, however was slowed down when one of the zombie's snatch out and grabbed her wrist.. She began to panic, struggling frantically. He kept trying to take a chunk out of her, but flipped him over, however she was wrestled to the floor by him, frantically snapping at her face.

"Alex! Someone! Help!" She screeched in fright.

Then the zombie's head dipped and swayed to the side, revealing the gaping hole, freshly imprinted. She looked up to her savior and saw it was none other than the one she called 'Newbie'. He held out his to her, yet she got up on her own standing tall.

"Thank you" Her voice was hoarse.

"My pleasure. Now come on, Alex reached the the classroom." He answered back, with a light tint on his cheeks. Then he  wrapped him large hand around her slim wrist and bolted to the door dragging her along.

They reached the door yet it wouldn't open. The emo boy banged on it frantically, until Leigh tapped on his shoulder.

"Other way, Genius." Her tone was impatient. The he reached out and opened the door opened dragging her inside, then slamming the door loudly. Both of them breathing heavily. Leigh then stomped her way into the main part of the classroom.

The dark haired boy calling after her. "What your just going to leave the door?" She just ignored him, This made him follow after. "Now, can you explain to me what is going on?"

He looked on seeing all those traumatised survivors before him. Then he discovered how lucky he was not knowing the truth.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! I have this new chapter for you! Comment with your ideas! And vote if you like it! Thanking you!