Chapter 16 - She wanted to break down and cry.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 16 - She wanted to break down and cry.

"Let's get over with this." Leigh muttered with a faint annoyance.

Lucy could clearly see that the virus was taking having harsh effects on her body. She was pale, to almost a washed-out grey. Leigh's usually light brown eyes, were beginnng to glaze over slightly. She had a pained look on her face, and she was shaking slightly making her seem twitichy.

This caused Lucy to frown, no one needed to die at this horrid, lie filled place. She couldn't stop that guilty feeling, that ws almost foreign to her. This job was going to kill her, then again it wasn't her choice to work for this certain national giant. She just found something she shouldn't have so it was either this or death. She knew how corupt this company was, and now what she discovered about St. Alan's Comprehensive school will mostlikely haunt her. What she saw  here would change her. They were doing horrific things, but now she could tell the truth and reveal to other's what they had been doing.

Finally, Lucy thought, it can end.

The group looked through the all the classroom, searching for any infected. They destroyed any that were wandering aimlessly. Lucy the found a suitable place so they could talk, one without camera's. And it was hard to find a classroom that wasn't fitted with them, then again this monster of a corperation needed this much security so no one would find out it's secrets.

The group they positioned theirselves, lazily, around  one of the music classrooms. This particular classroom contained a large drumkit and various different types of guitars. The desked were in four rows, with an isle down the middle. There was some blood spattering the room, including hand prints from those who fought the monsters and failed.

Lucy pulled out the 'spinny' blue teather's chair from behin the teachers desk, and sat on it backwards. She was nervous. Would they believe her? Maybe, maybe not. She couldn't help but shift slightly under Leigh's penetrating stare. To be truthful, Leigh intimidated Lucy quite a bit, then again, from Lucy's observations, Leigh must have been around 14 year's old. All her friend's were that age anyway. This caused Lucy to question herself, Why did she feel intimidated by Leigh? Lucy was a 23 year-old women for godsakes!

She then cleared her throat and began to speak, "You know, this school was build around 50 year's ago and many thing's happened around then." Lucy's nervousness could be heard in her voice, yet she continued trying to seem stronger. "There was many report's for missing people and alot of contreversy in the news. It was about 5 year's ago I left school and my asperation was to be a journalist. I was in college at the time doing a medical degree to please my father, I was bored and extremely fustrated so I desided it would be a wonshare i derful idea to start a side project, to do with journalism." She stopped and bit her lip.

She then continued with slight hesitance. "I decided to do some research on a certain company." She couldn't bring herself to say the name. "This company was founded in the early 1950's and the research I discovered was quite shocking. This company influenced everything at the time, for being relatively new, and considering when it was created. By the late 60's this company influenced newspaper's, other media types, it had quite a big share in health care and could even manipulate some parts of the government."

"Look, cut to the chase okay? I'd like to spen my last few hour's as one of the living doing something fun." Leigh's fustration showed clearly in her voice.

"Yeah, I think the same as Leigh! We need to get out of here!" Callum spoke up. Most people throughout the room gave him icy glares.

"Look you wanted the truth and I'm trying to give that to you! I'm just hard for me to do." Lucy exclaimed with a look of desperation on her face.

"Why is it so hard for you?" A voice asked softly. She looked for the voice's owner. Luke. He was stood there leaning against the wall.

"That company is evil! They do terrible, terrible things!" Lucy wanted to breakdown and cry. She had never told her story to anyone, but know she realised it needed to be told.

"Who is this company? Who do you work for?" Leigh spoke a little less harsh this time, recognising Lucy's distress. 

"I work for...." She nervouslt bit her knuckle. "I work for Horizon."

Everyone gasped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there! How're you? Did you like the chapter? Who is this company and why are they so important? Hrm....you'll find out soon. Comment and Vote is you want, or even become a fan. All you do is greatly appreciated! I used a kind of different view piont on this chapter, we get a little look into Lucy's life. Thanking you for reading :D