Chapter 14 - It never ends.

Surviving School - Book 1 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 14 - It Never Ends.

A zombie burst through the door. It was Alex. He looked different than the other zombies. It looked like he had claws on the ends of his fingers, but on closer in spection you could she they were the end's of is finger bones. They looked sharp and deadly. He was looking at Leigh and emo-boy his eyes shifting between them. Whilst observing them, some other zombies limped past him, trying to reach the trio. They ran towards the emergency exit.

Alice was pressing down the bar on the door, desperatly trying to open it. The zombie was still advancing on the. Emo-boy knocked bookshelves over frantically trying to stall Alex and his undead comrades. Alice gave the door one more bang and it opened. Thankfully there was no one in their way. Emo-boy and Alice ran through the door but Leigh just stood there watching and waiting for the zombies. Alex was just stood there now watching her intently. She clicked the cap off the hairspray, then turned the lighter on and pointed toward the zombies, with her finger on top of spraycan and he flame infront of the nozzle. As soon as they were in close enough range, she sprayed to hairspray into the flame.

The fore shot out and set the zombies alight. It stalled them put it wasn't going to kill them. She then ran towards Alice and her older friend, ingnoring the undead's moans of pain. If they could even feel pain, that is. She slammed the door behind her and ran to the other two survivors.

"Why did you come after me?" Leigh asked. Her tone was one of bitterness.

"Your welcome." Emo-boy responed sarcastically.

"Look, my head is pounding, everything is blurry and my muscels are aching. I do not want to argue wth you!"

Leigh and Emo-boy glared at each other. Then the radio began blaring again.

"Hello? Hello! Guy's are you there?" said Lucy through the speaker. The transmission was fuzzy and distorted.

This time Alice spoke, "Hello Lucy, Yeah where here. Whats up?" The other two survivors turner their attention from eachother to the walkie-talkie.

"Oh, Thank god! I thought Alex had gotten to you. He's a real monster. I've only seen a few other mutation's like this-"

"Wait, you've seen other mutations?" Leigh cut her off. She was getting mad.

"Well...That's not what i meant..." Lucy trailed off sheepishly.

"No. It's exactly what you meant, isn't it?" Leigh was furious.

"Leigh, calm down." Emo-boy put a restraining had on her forearm. "Lucy, have you noticed something about the badge on your jacket and the school's logo?" Emo-boy changed the subject.

"What? No, I haven't-" Her voice was frantic.

"Stop lying!" Leigh directed all her frustration at Lucy on the other end of the line. "We are trapped here, according to you. So I suggest you tell us everything."

"I can't tell you over a line, it might be bugged. I will meet up with you and explain everything you want to know."

"Where?" Asked Alice.

"Ermm, the music block. We are pretty close, you must be too, right?"

"We'll be there." Leigh ended the transmission.  "Come on."

They set off walking. They were infact close to the music classrooms, but how did Lucy know that.? How did she know her way around the school? Something wasn't right. Leigh forget about that for afew moments, then her emo-frien asked her a question.

"Ever since you became infected have you been seeing things?" He asked her, there was hope in his eyes.

"Um.. what do you mean?" She asked, as they continued walking.

"No, forget it it doesn't matter."

"Oh, okay."

A  awkward silence swept over the group. There was a faint smell of smoke in the air, no doubt from the burning Libary.

"Why isn't there any zombies?" Alice questioned, she was filming things all around. Leigh could not believe the calm in her voice.

"Maybe they don't like fire." Leigh enjoyed mocking them, but the fact still remained that she wuld eventually become one of them. She cringed internally.

"This will end soon right?" Alice's eye's sparkled with something she couldn't put her finger on. Hope? Sympathy? Fear? Dissapointment?

"I don't know." Those were the three word's it pained Leigh to say. "Does anything ever truely end? For us it my never end." When she said those last few word's, she thought about herself and Emoboy. They couldn't recover from this. They would slowly rot away, becoming monsters. They didn't chose this, and for them, it would never end.

It never ends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello! This is my new chapter! I know it has been awhile, but i've been busy. If you like the chapter vote and comment, or even become a fan :) Everything is greatly appreciated. My target it 1,000 reads, and i'm sooooo close. I added a song to this chapter too, I think it suits it! Thanking you for reading x