14 ; #wednesdaynightgoals

14 ∞ #wednesdaynightgoals

To say that Lily was having the worst night would have been an understatement. Wednesday nights were generic – they were the nights you struggled to recall at the end of the week because of just how little you did. They were not meant to be spent running around a dark and abandoned school, stacking things in front of doors and hiding in lockers. They were not supposed to be spent watching janitors be killed and trying not to have the same fate as a psychotic werewolf hunts you down. And yet here I am, Lily thought bitterly.

It didn't help that along the way they'd ran into Jackson, Lydia and Allison and they were struggling to explain the whole thing. Scott had ended up throwing the blame on Derek – assuming that he was dead – but Lily didn't buy that. He'd survived plenty in the past; she was sure he could survive this. The damage was done now so she couldn't argue, simply choosing to stay silent on the matter. If someone had told Lily a month prior that she'd be stuck at school on a Wednesday night, unable to call for help and running from a killer werewolf, she'd have never believed it. And yet here I am, she thought once again, locked in a chemistry room with people who hate each other and an alpha trying to rip my guts out. #Wednesdaynightgoals!

"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott asked frantically. The Alpha had just walked by, seeming to not hear them in the chemistry classroom that they'd all holed into – which didn't make sense as wouldn't he have heard their heartbeats and very loud heavy breathing – Stiles – but Lily didn't want to question her luck.

"Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap," Jackson replied.

"Five?" Allison hissed, "I barely fit in the back." Five did seem like a large reach but it was true as Lily remembered the night they'd had to do that too well; she was the person squeezing on someone's lap and that someone was Greenburg. Suffice to say, she never wanted to have to squeeze in that car again.

"It doesn't matter," Stiles shot them down, "There's no getting out without drawing attention." The moment they drew attention was the moment it would be all over. The Alpha would catch them easily and the chances of surviving that were rather low. Scott deflated slightly, looking around the room and eyes catching onto something. He ran over to the door, gesturing to it. Lily and Stiles followed behind him, curious as to his suggestion.

"What about this? This leads to the roof," Scott said – sounds like a bad idea already – continuing on, "We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

"That's a deadbolt," Stiles frowned.

"The janitor has a key," Scott added.

Lily grimaced, muttering, "You mean his dead body has it."

"I can get it," Scott insisted, then whispered, "I can find him by scent, by blood."

Stiles' eyebrows furrowed, "Well, gee, that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea."

"I'm gonna have to second that," Lily agreed.

Scott sighed, looking at the others for a long moment before announcing, "I'm getting the key."

"Are you serious?" Allison exclaimed. She was the most upset out of everyone else and at first, Lily had understood but her being hysterical was helping none of them. She knew from experience as earlier, her brother had to slap her to get her to even respond. Lily felt like she was currently running on autopilot and still couldn't quite grasp what was happening but she knew that she could deal with all that later. Now was the time to be trying to stay alive.