12 ; spartan warrior and the yodas

12 ∞ spartan warrior and the yodas

"And the award for biggest badass, goes to..." Lily began, waving her hands dramatically, "Lily Stilinski!" She started pretending to be a crowd, cheering for herself while her brother just sat there, on the tree trunk in their garden, trying to figure out how he could possibly be related to the dork in front of him. "Come on, Stiles," Lily pouted, "Cheer for me!" She dropped her hands, sending him her biggest puppy dog eyed look she possibly could. At first he hadn't been paying attention to her practising, reading his files with intense concentration but after she'd pulled out her brand new, state of the art, custom made, Assassin's Creed hidden blades, he'd stopped to pay attention.

Lily had been saving up for them for a while so she was glad when they came and actually worked. She'd done some research into it, trying to figure out how they worked but all she could find was that as long as she flicked her wrists, the blades would come out. It was currently her favourite purchase as it worked perfectly and it fit her well. The cuff was silver, engraved with patterns of lilies and stopping just below her elbow. The blade was simple and she was currently using a blunt one as she didn't want to accidentally chop off her finger while practising.

"Okay yeah," Stiles gave in, "That was kind of cool."

Mixed with her fighting skills, the hidden blade made for some cool moves. She'd practised with some of the dummies they'd set up in the garden - which obviously wasn't one hundred percent accurate - she found she could use it to block and defend herself as well as just attack. "You could be cool too if you just went to one of my lessons with me," Lily told him.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "You don't even go anymore."

"I do," she argued, "But only like once a month. I've already got my black belt so I only go when I want to practise with another human being - plus if you're against lessons, then I could teach you."

He laughed, "Thanks but no thanks. Remember the last time you tried to 'teach me' and you punched me so hard I got a nose bleed?"

She snorted, biting her lip to try and remain serious, "I didn't even punch you that hard."

"Which is why I'm never letting you teach me again," Stiles scoffed, looking back to his files.

Scanning over them from her position, Lily noticed the name 'Hale' and found her curiosity growing. She'd been trying to push him from her mind after the conversation they'd just had in her bedroom but she just kept remembering how sad he looked. He'd told her that he had nowhere else to go, so that meant he had no friends. Why was he pushing her away? She could be his friend - at least she could have before he pissed her off. "Find anything in those files?" she asked.

"Nope," Stiles replied, popping the 'p', "Just a bit about Peter Hale."

"Peter Hale?" Lily raised her eyebrows; she didn't think she'd ever heard that name before.

"Yeah, Derek's uncle," Stiles informed her, "He survived the fire that night as well."

"He did? Where is he? How come we haven't seen him?" Lily questioned, mind racing.

Stiles rolled his eyes at her, "He's been in a coma since that night."

"A coma?" Lily frowned, still full of endless questions. Werewolves could go in comas? Didn't they heal? Why hadn't he healed? What if he did heal and he was just pretending? What if he was the Alpha? Okay Lily, you need to slow down, she told herself, shaking her head. She didn't understand much about werewolves, so she couldn't really jump to a conclusion on this one. Peter Hale probably wasn't the alpha and she would sound ridiculous if she suggested a comatose patient as a suspect.