bonus ; the list

bonus ∞ the list

"Okay, so I have an amazing selection of movies and Netflix if blu-ray isn't your thing," Lily announced as she entered her living room, a bowl of popcorn in her hands. Her father was working for the night so she'd felt like it was a perfect opportunity to invite Derek over to hang out and hopefully make out as well. Derek was still unused to them being officially a couple as he looked around her living room curiously, taking in all the embarrassing family pictures. Setting the bowl of popcorn down, she sat next to him, asking, "So what'll it be? I'm fine with anything."

Derek raised his eyebrows, a smirk on his face as he threw his arm around her shoulder, "How about Insidious?"

"Okay I take that back, clearly I will be the one making the decisions here," she rolled her eyes, deciding it would be easier to scroll through Netflix rather than go through the collection – she mostly just didn't want to get up. "Oh," she exclaimed, "I'm totally into the idea of the Little Mermaid right now-"

"-I'd rather not," Derek grimaced, a look of distaste on his face.

Giggling, she shook her head, "Relax, it's not like we're watching the Notebook or anything like that. I imagine you've already been forced into watching that enough times so I won't put you through it."

Furrowing his eyebrows, Derek shook his head, "I've actually never watched it." He must have realised his mistake the moment her face brightened as he shook his head rapidly, a scowl taking the place of the grimace. "No," he said before she could even say it, "No."

Laughing, she nodded, "Yes."

"I'm not watching that," he glared at her, his face close to hers in defiance. Resisting the urge to laugh at herself, Lily did her best to replicate his face, putting a grumpy frown on. "What are you doing?" he frowned, causing her to deepen in frown in an attempt to look like him.

"I'm being you," she furrowed her eyebrows as though in deep thought, "Can't you tell by my sour look?"

The amusement was clear in his eyes but he obviously didn't want her to win, so instead he clenched his jaw, arching his eyebrows. "I don't look like that," he shook his head.

"Yes you do," Lily continued, deepening her voice so that she sounded like Derek, "Look, I can do it perfectly." Sitting up, she straightened, putting the frown back on her face and keeping her voice deep, "My name is Derek Hale and I refuse to watch the Notebook because it would make me cry and therefore embarrass me in front of my super hot girlfriend."

"I don't talk like that," he scoffed, his lips tipping up as though he wanted to smile but was holding it back.

Knowing that she could tease him even further, Lily smirked, "I don't talk like that."

"I can't believe you're actually doing this," Derek shook his head.

"I can't believe you're actually doing this."

"You're so immature-"

"-you're so immature."

"We're gonna watch Insidious," he announced, a smug look on his face as he knew that she'd either have to give up with teasing him or allow his movie choice.

Grinning, Lily bought her face closer to his, putting on her normal voice, "We're gonna watch the Notebook." Before he could dispute, she closed the distance, locking her lips with his. His hand moved from her shoulder to her back, bringing her closer to him as she pushed him gently back. He coaxed her mouth open wider and she let him in, bringing her hands up to tangle in his hair, enjoying the feeling of his rough stubble on her cheeks.