21 ; the batarang returns

21 ∞ the batarang returns

Is being dressed in all black too dramatic? Lily's mind raced with unimportant things as she trudged through the forest. The Hale House wasn't too far ahead but she really wasn't sure where to start looking. Once she was able to see it in her vision, she began hiding behind trees, unsure as to whether there were any hunters around. How am I supposed to find this secret hiding place exactly? This isn't like the movies where the bad guy will accidentally reveal their hiding spot.

Just as she thought that, she noticed a man, leaving from what seemed to be the ground. Crouching, she waited for him to disappear before heading in the direction she'd seen him come. As if thinking that actually worked, she thought to herself as she found a gate of sorts. There were vines all around it but she ignored them, pushing the gate open as quietly as she could - which wasn't quite enough as it squeaked and creaked its way there.

Releasing an anxious breath, she stepped inside, shutting the gate behind her so as not to alert suspicion. It was dark and tunnel like but she could see a faint glimpse of light coming from the other end. Doing her best to watch where she stepped, Lily tiptoed through the tunnel. There were light bulbs that began lighting the way after she was a little bit in, which she used to look out for anything dodgy. Her phone was vibrating like crazy and pulling it out, she pressed answer. "What?" she whispered.

"Where the hell are you?" her brother shouted through the phone.

"Why?"

"Lily, things are going down right now! And not good things," Stiles exclaimed.

"Like what?" she asked as turned the corner into a dark room. Whatever her brother said was lost as her eyes came into contact with the person she'd been fretting over for days. Derek was handcuffed to the wall, completely topless and sweat drenching his skin. There was some kind of wires taped to his abdomen which were attached to a machine. He looked exhausted but there weren't any visible injuries on him so she could at least feel relief about that. The look on his face made her feel like he wasn't happy to see her. "Look I have to go, I found Derek," Lily murmured, hanging up right as Stiles tried to get her to stop. She put her phone into her pocket, stepping further in and closer to the agitated looking werewolf chained to the wall.

"Lily?" he frowned, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to rescue you," she replied, as if it was the most obvious thing.

"What about Scott? Are you here alone?"

She nodded slowly, "No offense but you're chained up to a wall right now with some weird wires attached to you - you don't really have the liberties to be picky over who you want saving you."

"It's not safe," he hissed.

"And yet I'm still here," she retorted, "I think you should be thanking me for being willing to risk my life for you."

"That's the problem, I didn't ask you to risk your life for me, Lily. I don't want you to."

"Look, I just left my school formal early and ditched my super nice date to save your ass and you're telling me that you don't want my help?"

Derek stared at her for a long moment, frustrated she couldn't understand why he was annoyed at her coming before sighing, "You should have stayed with your super nice date." Lily was about to respond with a rather sarcastic reply when a loud howl sounded through the room. She paused, looking up as though she could see where the sound originated from. For some reason, the howl didn't scare her but more reassured her and felt familiar.