Chapter 14

Alright, y'all are gonna love me, and then hate me. :P

xx

______________________________________________________________________________

"Eli, your hand is freaking huge!" I say with a mouth full of candy, laughing.

"It's not that big!" he adds, "You just have doll-sized hands!"

I shove a handful of sour patch kids in my mouth and spin around in my desk chair. "No, look--" I hold up my hand and he matches his up to mine.

He's right....my hands are freaking tiny. Damn.

Autumn-3. Eli- 4.

He's winning. >:(

But our hands kind of fit perfectly together....it feels like, natural. I see a slight glimmer in his green eyes from my window and panic, removing my hand from his and getting up.

Eli's been over a lot lately, my Mom's grown accustomed to him basically. It's nice to have another kid practically living in the house, it gets kind of lonely being an only child and all.

"MOOOOOOMMM?" I yell out the door.

No answer.

"MOOOOMMMMAAAAAA?!" I yell again.

Nothing!

???

"Oh, she told me to tell you she'd be back around 10, she got called back to work to fill in." Eli says casually, flipping through one of my magazines and then disgustedly throwing it once he sees the contents. I can't help but laugh at that.

"Cool, telling me this now?" I ask.

"Slipped my mind, sorry!"

We both look down at the last slice of margarita pizza in the box on my table.

We have one of those western showdown moments, and then he lunges.

So, I do the same. He ends up grabbing my waist and spinning me behind him, me kicking and screaming.

"MY HOUSE, MY PIZZA!" I yell, trying to get passed him.

"That rules for greedy assholes!" he says, chomping on the pizza and putting his fist up triumphantly.

I lie on my bed in defeat.

Me and Eli have become so close the past few days. He's over 24/7, and we're inseparable in school. Occasionally---well, a lot--he's pissed me off to an extreme, but it's just impossible to be mad at him for too long. I kind of hate that trait about him. Grr.

But, he's also shown more signs of liking me as something more. Just-little things. And I can't help but get my hopes up, even though I know damn well I'm over-thinking thing again.

I hear my phone ring and I get up to answer it as Eli finishes his pizza.

"Yello?" I answer.

I hear Eli laugh at the way I answer my calls. Ehh, shut up. :P

"Hey, it's Jeremy."

Why does he always call at the wrong time. Eli sees me stiffen up and he begins to listen.

"Hi, what's up?"

"Well, I wanted to know if you were doing anything for Halloween tomorrow?"

"Uhm, well, I was gonna stop by the Schwartz's party uptown like every year, but--"

"Oh, I was too! So I guess I'l see you there?"

"Absolutely!"

"Sweet. Buy, Autumn."

"Bye, Jeremy!" I say, hanging up. I look over and see Eli stalking towards me.

Shit, I said Jeremy's name, didn't I?

Negative points for Autumn.

He takes my phone from my hand and looks at the caller ID.

"Your still talking to this rapist?" he shouts.

"He's not a rapist, If he was I would be raped already! Would you stop being such a wuss for once, guys are allowed to speak to me, you know." I say, getting up from my bed. He follows me to the other side of the room.

"Did he ask you out or something?"

"And what if he did?"

"Then I'll snap him in half with my teeth."

I stalk towards him, pointing one of those parental fingers up in his face.

"We've been through this before Elijah, stop telling me what to do!"

"He doesn't deserve you! And don't fucking call me Elijah!" he yells at me, furious.

Alright, he asked for this.

"ELIJAH! ELIJAH ELIJAH  ELIJAH  ELIJAH  ELIJAH  ELIJAH  ELIJAH  ELIJAH " I yell at him, getting seriously up in his face.

...I bet I'm not so intimidating to him, considering the fact that I'm about a foot shorter than him. >:(

"ELIJAH! ELIJAH! ELIJA---"

I'm cut off. But you'll never guess what by.

He's kissing me.

He grabbed my face hungrily, and now he's kissing me.

My hands drop and they lace their way to his waist, pulling me even closer to him.

Did I mention...He's kissing me right now?

I've waited for weeks and weeks for this, figuring it would never happen.

Autumn- 4. Eli- 10,000.

He tastes like..cinnamon.

:D

He pulls away all too soon, letting go of my face.

"Autumn, I--" he says, looking around the room quickly.

"Yeah, Eli, now shut up." And I lace my hands around his neck and pull his face towards mine, trying to kiss him again.

But he pushes me down to the ground. I hit my table on the way down, the glass shattering and flying into my skin. I cry in terror as I look down at the glass shards all over me.

He stares at me with white knuckles, the vein popping up in his neck. Something about his fighting stance made my blood run cold. No matter how much I trusted him, I instinctively push myself back against the wall next to my bed, tucking myself into a ball. The glass is getting deeper and deeper into my skin, and I know I'm gonna need stitches. I look up at him and search his eyes for something I could've possibly done wrong.

HE kissed ME, right?

...And I always trusted that he'd never get violent with me.

When he sees all the glass in my legs and arms, he calms down a little and then steps closer. 

"Autumn, I'm sorry." he says, reaching for me.

My instincts told me to back up farther into the corner, causing him to stop.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

He blinks in response, not knowing what else to do.

"Get out."

He blinks at me again.

"Let me get you to a hospital, at leas--"

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" I yell with a shaking voice as the tears start to fall down my face.

He continues to stand there.

I muster up any strength I have left in me and slide up the wall, just barley standing. 

This is really gonna hurt, but it has to be done.

"I'm calling the police if you don't get out of my house."

He looks shocked, but.....

He leaves.

He leaves me, bleeding profusely inside my house by myself.

Autumn- 5, Eli- 0.