Chapter 20: I'm a fighter

Start from the beginning

'And where we roam we will roam forever

No one will understand what we meant

The beaten and the bruised, forsaken, the abused

Oh what a glorious day we'll have rising up and claiming all our dues

The day will come as sure as the ever-setting sun

All of those that self-imposed will find themselves so indisposed'

   Their running became jogs and then walks. I slowly backed up to the exit door and tried again to unlock it. It still wouldn't budge. The two behind the middle man stopped and the middle man walked up to me. I then noticed who it was.

"Nate." I whispered.

"Alexis...." he said eerily. "How nice of us to meet like this!" he said throwing his hands up in the air smiling.

"What're you doing here." I breathed.

"Ah... quite the question! I could say the same for you." he said smiling devilishly.

"Excuse me." I said walking pass him, but the two other guys grabbed me.

"Ah, ah, ah." he said tilting his index finger to every ah. "Now, now my dear. I noticed you didn't leave the school today, so we just bothered to stay." 

"You have been stalking me." I said angrily.

"Not really stalking, Okay yeah, we were stalking you." he said shrugging.

"Nate, what do you want with me." I said pissed off.

"Oohh, is that Streetlight Manifesto your listening to?" he said cheerfully.

"Yeah, I love t- Damn it Nate!" I said throwing my hands in the air. 

"I love this part." he said taking out my iPhone out of my pocket and putting the music on speaker.

"Nooooww, you need to tell us where you stand. Sitting, waiting, watching, rotting, everything they warned us of is true. Now tell me what we're all supposed to do. They're coming after all of us with everything they've g-"

"Please Nate." I said annoyed and grabbed my iPhone. "What do you want with me?"

"Well... the day you never helped me, something bad happened." he said smugly.

"Nate, go. The only time I needed you you never came, and guess what? I ALMOST GOT RAPED!" I spat angrily.

"Don't PMS me, Alexis." he said darkly.

    I raised my hand and slapped him in the face. The sound echoed through the hall and his face stayed to the left. After a few moments, he looked at me and narrowed his eyes.

"Kill the bitch." he said with no emotion.

     My eyes widened as the two guys behind him walked up to me. I quickly dashed by them and ran down the hallway. The dimmed lights were then cut, and the dark blue sky shadowed the school. 

"Screw this shit." I whispered.

    I tried to open the janitor's closet but it was locked. I ran up the stairwell until I was on the fourth floor. I ran past all of the classrooms. Tears welled up in my eyes as I fought to keep them in, but they poured.

"Weak..." I muttered.

   I turned around and the guys were walking towards me with knives equipped in their hands. I dug in my book bag and couldn't find anything useful. I threw my book bag on the floor along with myiPhone and headphones.

"I'M SICK OF ALL OF THIS DRAMA IN MY LIFE!" I screamed angrily.

"Then let us end it." replied one of the guys.

"Why are you doing this? DO I KNOW YOU!?" I screamed back.

    They never replied. Instead, they charged at me. One of the guys swung the knife at me and missed. I punched him in the face, but instead of him flying back, my knuckles hurted. He smirked at me and stabbed me in the stomach. I went on my knees and the other guy stabbed me in the back. No. I could survive this. I survived a fall from the fifth floor (roof), I could do this. I never noticed my hands were holding my stomach. When I looked at my hands, they were coated with dark red blood. My mind went hazy, but I couldn't do anything. 

    Suddenly, my hair was pulled. One of the guys brought his lips to mine as he kissed me roughly.

"Muah!" he said pulling back and smirked.

     I spat in his face and he slapped me. Blood was circling my body as I tried to crawl away.

"Where are you going cutie?" said one of the guys smiling.

"I'm..." the words couldn't come out of my mouth. 

   I tried speaking again but the words were stuck in my throat. Instead a pleading moan left my body as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Aww poor thing." said one of them walking towards me. Too bad if you helped Nate our parents would be alive and so would you.

   Still the words couldn't leave my mouth as I tried to scream. So this is how I would die? In darkness? It was so dark I couldn't even see my blood anymore. Suddenly, a painful scream erupted from my mouth as I fell back flat. 

   One of the guys knelled down in front of me. His mouth was moving, but his voice wasn't audible to my ears. The pain slowly subsided. This was the same thing that happened when I jumped down the school building. The exact same thing... except I would only be in darkness and around my killers.

    I didn't know if I was imagining this, but I saw a flash of light creeping down the halls. It landed on me and then it came faster. It dropped and then I saw a long square figure and oval-like things tapping on it. I slowly saw the person's face, but it looked like they were struggling on the phone since it was trembling. I then caught sight of a grey-ish, blue-ish eye. It had to be him.

     I smile crept on my lips as he ran to my side. He pushed his hand onto my stomach, but I doubt he knew I was stabbed in the back. My head felt extremely heavy as I closed my eyes. I didn't know if my head hit the floor, but what I did know was that I couldn't die. The doctor said it himself. I'm a fighter.