The Nerd

My life has been far from perfect .

Don't expect too much from me .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rain pelted down the sky like showers of cold water splashing down in buckets. The sky was gloomy and black, not to forget the lightnings and the thunders. Flashes of lightnings did not fail to make me jump out of my wits and thunders were deafening loud. I would say it was just the start of the stormy week. Monday blues, Monday blues, could this day get any worser? It was the first day of the term, which was awfully dreadful after a week of holidays. Today was the day the result slips were going to be given back. But first, let's settle the problem I have now.

Well, I didn't bring my umbrella to school.

You would have thought I came to school in car ? No, definitely wrong wrong wrong.

This was why I had been stuck under the tiny bus stop roof trying to avoid the rain splashes at all cost. I have specially sacrificed an hour of my precious sleeping time, picking on what to wear. I had on a pink dress that went down to my mid-thighs, and deciding that it wasn't comfy enough , I put on some skinny leggings. And not to mention that these were my new clothes. Sigh, why on all days, did it have to rain today! I cursed and swore as I walked to and fro the bus stop, waiting for the rain to stop.

But if I would have to wait for this never-ending rain to stop, it'll last 3 days and 2 nights. Ignore my exaggeration, but I would have to wait for someone to lend me an umbrella. Who would it be? The bus stop was just opposite my street, and there was no one in sight. Thanks to the storm, I muttered.  Just as I was about to give up and take a nap on the bench , a hooded guy walked past me and fished out his umbrella. 

"Excuse me, do you think I can share the umbrella with you?" I scratched my head, and took out my most persuadable puppy eyes. The hooded guy seemed to have ignored my pleading request, because he just stepped away and opened his umbrella.

"HEY! SHARE IT WITH ME!" I shouted once again, but he didn't even glance at me and started walking under the rain with his umbrella.

Me, being the never-late student , thought of being sent to the office for late. On the first day of school. Sure my school life from then on would suck. I couldn't care less and ran under the umbrella. Thick-skinned, I know right ? But this wasn't the time to be embarrassed or judge me. My life at school was at stake !

"You're just so desperate to walk with me, huh?" He finally spoke, and took of his hood. And there I was left, gawking at who I just saw.

I was actually shamelessly pleading the school's popular jock, Jarrell Harris Watsons.

Appalled, astounded, startled, flabbergasted. I was totally shocked.

"Can't keep your eyes off me?" He smirked. And those smirks were sexy as hell. One of those could make your legs turn jelly and I knew that staring at him wasn't  gonna make it any better.

"I was uh...shocked. What are you doing here ?!" I glared at him, even though I knew that his sexyashell look was making my anger melt down.

"Oh, you didn't want to see me? Wait...aren't you the nerd Rainie-"

"Stacey Brooke. Why?" Seriously, I was just thinking he was being nice trying  not to kick me out of the umbrella , and there he mentioned me being a nerd ! What's so wrong about being a nerd ?  Yes, I was angry, but part of me was jumping for joy. He knew my name! I gave a squeal in my heart.

"Then stop flirting with me, nerd."

"I would appreciate it if you would be a gentleman and give me your umbrella." I snatched his umbrella and sped past him, leaving him standing under the rain drenched. Served him right, I thought as a smile plastered across my face. This school day was getting worser , because I would have had to avoid him to save me from trouble. And probably I would be totally humiliated, argh.