Scared at Michael's | Luke

Luke was snuggled into his warm bed, fast asleep, when his phone went off. He wanted to ignore it, to brush it off as a telemarketer or something stupid like that but when he remembered his daughter was staying the night at Michael's, he decided to answer it.

He reached over quickly and snatched it from its spot and swiped to answer it.

"'Ello?" Luke said, his voice thick with sleep.

"Hey dude," Michael says calmly. Luke waits for a second, waiting to see if Michael is going to keep talking.

But he doesn't. "Did you call me at two in the morning just to chat?"

"No," Michael says. Luke sits up a bit in the bed. "Your little one misses you and asked me to call you."

"Well, pass her the phone, you idiot."

"Daddy?" Luke hears moments later.

"Hi, princess. You okay?" He asks in a soft voice.

"I'm scared, I wanna sleep with you," Her tiny voice whispers into the phone.

"But your at Uncle Mikey's! You love going there!" Luke says, doing his best to sound enthusiastic. He would love nothing more than to drive over there and snuggle her all the way home because he hates not having her down the hall from him but he knows she needs to get over he fear of staying away from home so he always tries to coax her into staying before agreeing to pick her up.

"Not at night, daddy. The stairs make noises and Uncle Mikey snores." She explains to him.

"Do not," Luke hears Mike grumble in the background.

"Will you please come get me?" She begs. Luke can see the pout on her face now, making his heart melt a bit.

"Shit, man. She has the best puppy dog face." Michael groans, his voice now clearer for Luke to hear. "I'll bring her to you, be at your house in twenty." And he ends the call.

Luke leaves the bed and spends the next twenty minutes pacing the living room, his body still heavy with exhaustion and his eyes fighting to stay open. But when he sees the flash of headlights in his driveway, he was snatching the front door open and walking quickly towards Michael's car.

By the time he gets there, Michael is helping little Hemmings from the car as she rubs her eyes.

"Hi, princess," Luke says, squatting down a few feet from them. She lifts her head and sends him a sleepy smile before walking into his outstretched arms and nuzzling her small head into his chest.

Luke stood up, clutching the small girl to his chest. "Sorry you had to drive, man," Luke apologizes to Michael.

"No worries. You've done it for me when mine stay at yours plenty of times," Michael says. He pats Luke's shoulder before hopping back into his car and backing out of the driveway.

Luke picks up her bag from the ground where Michael lazily dropped it and headed for the front door. After locking the door back properly, he heads upstairs and to his bedroom. He settles the little girl into her respective spot on the bed before slipping beside her and allowing her already half asleep frame curl into his side.

Not even five minutes later, both Hemmings were fast asleep.

I'm trying to write happier things because I got kind of sad with the early born ashton post and the baby surgery luke post so I'm focusing on more positive things now. I was watching a lot of grey's at that time soooo hope it didn't bum any of you out too much!!

Thanks for all the votes! Means a lot!