Why Not Me | Luke

Luke has been gone six days now, kicking off the European leg of their new tour. He offered to have you come along but you declined, knowing life on the road would be too hectic for your one year old son, Bentley.

Before Luke left, the nightly routine was the same - dinner, bath time with mommy, and then bedtime with daddy. Luke was amazing at putting Bentley to sleep, something that you were slightly jealous of, especially now that he was gone.

Every night was a struggle. Bentley would cry for his daddy until he eventually drained himself and fell asleep in a tear soaked mess on your shoulder. It broke your heart but you refused to tell Luke how hard you were both taking the tour. You could barely sleep without him there.

Tonight was no different. You spent almost two hours trying to put Bentley down for bed before he exhausted himself in fighting you. It broke your heart to see him so upset but it also broke your heart that he was so upset that he was stuck with you.

You sat on your bed with tears flowing from your eyes as you thought about your baby that didn't want you. You needed the comfort that only your husband could provide. Sighing, you reached for your laptop and Skype called Luke.

He answered, a smile on his face until he saw your tear soaked one.

"Babe?" He asked, his voice panicked. "What's wrong?"

"He doesn't want me, Luke," You sobbed into your hands.

"What do you mean, baby?" He asked, relaxing slightly now that he knew everyone was not in harm, but still worried about you.

"He cries for you every night! He refuses to go to bed for me. He cries himself to sleep without you," You cry harder. Seeing you like this was breaking Luke's heart, more so that he wasn't there to comfort and cuddle you.

"Baby, listen," He started. "He loves you so much. This is just taking some getting used to for him. He'll be okay, I promise. I can come home if you need me to?"

"No, don't." You say, wiping your tears. "We'll be alright. I just needed to have my break down moment. Don't come home, this is your dream."

"You and Bentley are my dream now. I can't stand knowing what's going on every night and still being so far away," He sighed, a hand running through his hair as he watched you through the screen.

"He has to learn at some point, this won't be your only time going away," You say.

"Go to bed, baby, you look tired. I love you," Luke says, smiling weakly at you.

"I love you, too."