First Time Home | Luke

"We're home!" You cheered, slowly stepping out of the car. You grabbed onto the two bags you were bringing back home from the hospital while Luke took hold of your son's car seat. He waited for you and together, hand in hand, you walked into the house.

It was pretty late in the day, almost seven p.m. so your little one was just about ready for another feeding and then bed.

Luke sat Bentley's seat down in the entry hallway and unbuckled the baby, lifting him into his arms.

"Babe, we're home!" You smiled up at him, snuggling yourself into his side as you stroked your son's cheek.

"Our family is home, all together," Luke replied, grinning widely at you.

Bentley began to fuss in his daddy's arms so Luke passed him off to you to be fed while he started cooking dinner. You took a seat on the couch in the living room before positioning the baby properly and lifting your shirt.

As he was eating, you talked to him in a soft voice. "Hi baby boy! You're finally home. We've waited for you for so long. I feel like I'm still processing that you're actually here and in my arms, not still inside my tummy."

You spent the next ten minutes talking to your son as he peered innocently up at you. Soon, his eyes grew heavy and then his latch slipped and he was half asleep. Moving to lay him on your chest, you patted and rubbed his back, both soothing him to sleep and also trying to burp him before he drifted off.

A decent burp left your babies mouth and seconds later soft whimpers and whistles could be heard, something he did while he was sleeping. It was honestly the most adorable thing you've ever heard.

"Aw, babe!" Luke whined from the door way. "I missed him going to sleep?"

"It won't be the first time he falls asleep in this house, Luke," You laughed at your husband's silliness. But at the same time, you found it adorable that he was so anxious to be apart of everything Bentley did.