Puppy Love | Calum

"But babe, babe, just think about it!" Your husband Calum was all but yelling through the phone to you.

Calum found the animal shelter. And has convinced himself that he's found the best dog in the entire world and needs to bring it home with him.

"I don't think it's the right time, Cal," You sighed. It hurt you knowing you were crushing your husband's dreams right now but with a four month baby at home, you were sure it wasn't a good time to bring a puppy home.

"How amazing would it be for Harper to grow up with a four legged best friend?" He begged. "His name is Blue and he's a puppy German Shepard! He's only nine months old."

"That's nice, Calum, really. And I would love for us to have a family dog but I don't think it's the right time."

You could picture Calum's bottom lip poking out in a pout as he cuddled the small dog in the kennel.

"Let's try him out for a week. If you still feel like it's not the right time, then I'll bring him back." Calum was truly desperate for this dog. He's tried to get you to buy many dogs but this time he was really trying. You could tell he had actually fallen in love with this puppy.

"Okay, one week. I'm trusting you that this dog won't hurt Harper, babe." You tell him, a warning to make sure this is a family friendly dog.

"He's won't. And if he even makes a mean face towards her, he's gone."

Two hours later, Calum walks through the front door of your house with his arms full of toys and food and a huge dog bed. Following behind him, attached to a leash, was a black and brown puppy. He was already pretty big but you knew he would get bigger.

Instinctively, you scooped Harper up from where she was playing on the floor.

But you didn't need to. The dog came up to your leg and sniffed you both carefully. Harper was a giggling mess in your arms as she squealed happily at the puppy.

"Babe, let her lay on the floor with him," Calum said as he watched their interaction.

You did so carefully and Blue was incredibly gentle with her and softly nudged her legs with his nose as she squirmed and laughed.

"You were right, I think this may be a good fit." You said. Calum got the biggest smile on his face after hearing you say this.

"You're the best wife in the whole entire world!" He exclaimed, pulling your body into his and squeezing you tight.