Last day of Summer

Start from the beginning

"So I hear you guys have a gym in the basement?" My dad asked.

"Yeah we do Bill," Cole said, "We work out there to train for football and lacrosse."

"So which is your favorite sport?" Dad asked.

"I like to swim mostly," Shawn said.

"Basketball and soccer," Cole said.

"Football and soccer," Blake muttered.

Lilly sighed, "Well you boys really seem to like sports. Suzie, Tori what do you guys do on spare time?"

Suzie jumped up, "I like to dance, sing, and shop."

The guys rolled there eye's and I chuckled.

Lilly's smile was so big, "Well at least I can take you shopping now. The boys never let me shop."

"Well soorrry mom, but shopping is a pain in the," Shawn didn't finish the sentence.

Lilly rolled her eyes and looked at me, "What about you Tori?"

"I like to bike. Usally bike to school." I said.

"Is that and excuse to say you can't afford a car?" Blake asked, smirking.

"Blake!" Lilly snapped.

I didn't reply becuase that was one of the reasons I rode the bike to school. Dad couldn't afford another car. It was economically hard for him to be a single parent and take care of two girls. After all he did love being a police officer, but lets face it they don't get payed as much as they would hope. My dad stayed silent along with me.

"So dad you got work tomorrow?" I asked changing the subject.

He nodded, "Yeah and I have to leave early so I won't see you until dinner."

I nodded and grabbed my plate walking to the sink and putting it there. Then I headed outside and to the small shed we had. I opened it up and walked in. It had everyone's bikes in it. I walked to my bike and grabbed some tools. I pumped more air in the tires, fixed the gears and made sure everything was bolted in correctly.

Once everything was all set I clapped my hands together and took a deep breath. I walked back in the house only to see Lilly arguing with the boys.

"Guys just drive her to school!" She yelled at them.

"Mom I think she's perfectly fine with riding her bike!" Shawn yelled back.

They didn't seem to notice me yet so I coughed. They all looked at my direction.

"I'll ride my bike. Its fine Lilly," I said. Lilly looked at me with confusion. I just grinned and headed upstairs to my room.

There was nothing to do. So I just sat on my bed and checked my phone. Nothing. I am so bored, I thought. So I got up and went to my closet pulling out my school back pack. In all I had three backpacks. My school backpack, my traveling backpack, and my camping backpack. My school and traveling backpack were empty. My camping backpack had canteens, rope, matches, practically everything my dad thought I would need to have if I get lost in the middle of the woods.

I grabbed the school backpack and started placing the things I would need for tomorrow. After I had done that I put in my ear buds and listened to some music. I didn't notice that someone knocked on my door until they opened it. My dad walked in.

"Hey Tor-Bo can we talk?" He asked.

I pulled out my earbuds, "Yeah sure."

He came over and sat at the foot of my bed setting his hand on my shin. He didn't talk yet.