one

(Annabelle's POV)
Feels like ages since my father was put into a coma after being shot by a criminal. Unfortunately, at the time that it did happen, the outbreak began. His best friend, Shane Walsh, did everything he could to save him, but it was too late. When he could not save my father, he quickly got me, my mother, and my brother out of the city and into a safe zone. However, it was quickly overrun and we joined a group of survivors just outside the city.

Ever since I have become close with some of the members of the group. Andrea and her sister, Amy had taught me some valuable skills that dad never got around to teaching me. Dale, their close friend, is a really nice guy. The only people I haven't gotten close to were the Dixon siblings. The oldest, Merle, is a racist bastard I want to avoid. His younger brother, Daryl normally keeps his distance. Their sister, Nicole, typically stays with Carl and the other kids. To me, that is a group you do not want to piss off.

Today a handful of members are going out on a run. I tried to convince my mother to let me go. But like always she does not want me to cause she does not think she can handle losing a child now.

"Anna." Shane called, "Annabelle!"
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Listen, darling. I talked to your mom, she is letting you go with the group."
"What made her change her mind?"
"Do you really want to know?"
"Not really."

Shane chuckled and I left. I quickly ran to my tent, grabbed my gun, and ran out. I met Glenn and the rest at the truck.

"What are you doing here girly?" He snickered.
"I decided to come along. Gotta problem with that Dixon?"
He shrugged his shoulders.
"That's what I thought," I murmured.

Glenn has suggested that we should stop at the outskirts of the city. He didn't want us to attract any of the walkers. We did what he suggested once we arrived in Atlanta. Andrea pointed out a store where we could take shelter in and look for supplies. Some walkers spotted us, so Merle and I barricaded the door.

As we were searching for supplies a loud gunshot echoed throughout the city. Glenn, Merle, and I ran to the ceiling and saw a tank that was ways away. Glenn insisted that he should be the one to go since he knew his way around the city. Glenn found a room with access to an underground tunnel; it led to the side of the building. This is how he's going to avoid the walkers.

Andrea was beginning to worry that Glenn was taking a long time.

"Where the hell's Glenn?" Andrea sighed.
"Glenn, where the hell are you?" I asked, over the radio.
"We're almost there Anna." He replied.

We? Whose we? I realized that Glenn had forgotten to take his finger off the button because I heard another voice. It sounded very familiar, more like my dad's voice.

"Anna?" The man asked, "Whose Anna."
"A girl from our camp." Glenn shot back.

After a while, we heard a bang on the door. I ran quickly to the door, opened it, and pulled them in. I then ran to Glenn and hugged him.

"You scared me, Glenn," I said.
"Hey, that's my job," he replied.

The man who came in with Glenn had whispered something,
"Annabelle? You're alive?"

Once I recognized the voice I turned around. I saw him, I thought he was dead. Shane had told us that he was dead. How could this be happening right now?

"Dad," I whispered.
Dad walked over towards me. He put his hand on my cheek. I wanted to cry, it was him, he was real. This was a candid father-daughter moment. Dad pulled me into a hug and whispered,
"I missed you so much."

The moment was ruined when a pissed-off Andrea pulled me away.

"Move out of the way Anna!" Andrea demanded.

She pinned dad to the wall, holding a gun to his head. I was shouting at her to stop.
"Andrea stop!" I yelled, "He's my father!"

Andrea had stopped, but she had said a few things to him. I rolled my eyes, I didn't understand why she was so mad. After all the commotion, we all heard a loud gunshot and a burst of laughter.

"Merle," I said, with a grunt.
All of us ran upstairs. I burst through the door, seeing Merle with a shotgun.
"Merle, what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled, "Stop, or else..."
"Or else, what little girl?" he said
"Or else your gonna get all of us killed jackass!"
He chuckled, turning back to his original position, and kept shooting.
"Merle stop!" we yelled.
I was stupid enough to try to grab the gun from Merle. He ended up hitting me with the end of the gun and started punching me.
"Merle!" T- Dog yelled, "Get off of her!"
T pulled Merle off of me. The two started to fight, then dad pulled Merle off of T, handcuffing him to the radiator.
"Now, listen to me. You best keep your hands off of my daughter and him. Or else..." He said.
"Or else what asshole?" Merle said
"Or else, I'll take this and put a bullet through your head."

...
Dad, Andrea, Glenn, and Morales had gone downstairs to come up with a plan to get the truck. Jacqui decided to stay up here to take care of me and T. Of course, Merle was upset about getting chained up by my father.

"Your daddy's a real asshole," he grumbled.
I flipped him off.
"Guys, get ready," Dad said, over the radio.
"Let's hurry," I ordered.

Jacqui, T, and I quickly got up and ran out the door.

"Don't forget about me!" Merle yelled.
T turn around and took the key out of his pocket. He was about to unlock the handcuffs when he tripped and fell, dropping the key into the pipe.

"T!" I yelled, "C'mon!"

T came running out. We got downstairs just in time as dad was pulling up and we
all got in. T and I looked at each other. Then we all looked at one another when we heard a loud noise.

"What the hell?" I said.
It was Glenn; the son of a bitch had a Challenger. The horn was blaring, as he sped by us, having fun.
"At least someone's having fun," I mumbled.
Not too long after, we got back to camp. Once the back was opened up, I hopped out and ran to my mom and Carl.

"Mom! Carl!" I yelled.
"Honey, are you okay?" mom asked.
"Mom, I found him." I panicked, "I saw him, he's alive. Dad's alive"
"What?" Mom replied.

  Morales came out and announced that we had brought back a guest.
"Hey, helicopter boy." He said, "Come out and say hello."
When dad got out of the truck, mom, Carl, and Shane were in shock.