Chapter Thirty-Six-Deep Throat; 1973-August 9, 1974

~~~"Deep Throat was an Adult Movie in 1972. It was also the name of Mark W. Felt-The Assistant Director of the FBI, aka "Deep Throat", who helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, nail everyone in the Watergate scandal", unquote, Author Robert Helliger, (August 4, 1973-)~~~

I

The Adult movie "Deep Throat" was playing in cinemas in 1972.  By 1973, Bob Woodward knew that someone was watching him and Carl Bernstein in Washington, DC. And their informant was also named after the cult movie.

      He walked into the empty car park. It was 3:30 AM.

      "Late", Bob Woodward said to the shadowy man. The man wore a brown colored hat. He smoked; Woodward coughed.

      "Who told them not to investigate the break-in?", he asked.

        "Don't you understand what your on to?", Deep Throat answered. He looked around; he saw no one; he shivered.

        "Mitchell knew?", enquired Bob Woodward.

        "Of course Mitchell knew...You something this big just happens", Deep Throat said. He was agitated. "Haldeman had to know too", Bob Woodward said. He wore a brown colored jacket, brown colored flares, brown colored socks, and brown colored shoes on his feet. "You'll hear nothing from me about Haldeman", said Deep Throat. "Segretti told me and Bernstein that...", said Bob Woodward. "Don't concentrate on Segretti. You'll miss the overwall", said Deep Throat. 

         "The letter that destroyed the Muskey candidates... did that come from inside the White House?

", said Bob Woodward.

         "You're missing the overwall", said Deep Throat. He finished his cigarette. He stomped on it with his left shoe, and left in garage...and headed into the cold, Washington, DC night. And left Bob Woodward more confused as ever.

II

The Washington Post; 1973; April 16, 1973

"Who is Deep Throat?", Ben Bradlee.

       "He's an informer. He knows about Donald Segretti. He was Dwight L. Chapin's boy. They headed a dirty tricks campaign against all of the Democrats. Have you seen the Canuck Letter? Senator Ed Muskie is pissed off. And Nixon's lawyer, Herb Kalmbach, has a lot of money put into the campaign since April 7, 1972. The President has all these illegal money stashed away. And now the shit has hit the fan", Bob Woodward answered.

       "Ok, looks like there is a case. I need to make some phone calls. This will make headlines across America. And, if this is true, we're going to head into a maelstrom of shit", Ben Bradlee said. It was 9:00 AM.

~~~

Page 36