XX. Band mates [Chapter 1]- Emotions

Title: Bandmates

SHIPS: NICKVIE (Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie) FOXXAY ( Cordelia Foxx and Misty Day) - AU

Summary : Misty is the daughter of Stevie Nicks, and Cordelia is the daughter of Christine McVie.

When their parents retire, they formed a band on their own, named The Gloomy Day, a play on Misty's last name.

Misty is the lead singer, with Cordelia as the bassist.

Band romances never work out, and Cordelia learnt that from her parents.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dedication to BABYGIRLHXLSEY ! :)

Misty and Cordelia are both 17 in this Fic

Stevie's 37 and Christine's 41

Flashbacks : Stevie is 16 while Christine is 20

=============================================================================

"Mom!" I cried out while dressing up in my usual Bohemian styled clothing. It's my last year of high school and I'm afraid our new band 'The Gloomy Day' might not be able to perform on this year's school festival. Last school festival, our former band The Tides performed there with our former bassist and my ex-boyfriend, Tao Matsuhiro, who went back to Japan to continue his studies.

2 days ago I started posting flyers, telling people that we need a bassist for our new band and sadly, after two days only two people texted me, telling me that they were interested to join our band.

"Yes, baby?" My mom, Stevie Nicks concernedly asked as she opened the door and stuck her head inside my room to check on me.

"Mom, do I look good?" I asked, nervously biting my lip as I look at her.

"But, you always look good honey," she smiled as she sat on the edge of my bed. She grabbed my bag and started to look through the stuffs inside my bag. "Honey, what is this?"

She saw the list, the list of those students who wants to audition to be the band's bassist. Looking at the two names listed there, her eyes widened and she had that 'un-paintable' expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, she looked at me and shook her head while forcing herself to smile.

"Mom, I know you... I know something's up because of that silly expression on your face," I laughed, which earns me a raised brow. "Listen Mom, if it's about the band, I'm sorry but, everyone's busy this year. Trust me I worked hard giving and posting the flyers but no one seems to be interested aside from those two."

"I know that honey, but.... This woman..."

I sat next to her and with that; she pointed the name 'Cordelia Foxx' on the list.

"Something's telling me that you should stay away from her and choose this girl instead," She pointed the name below the other's name and read it out loud. "Madison Montgomery."

"Mom," I sighed. "What if this Cordelia is better than Madison? I really hate staying late in school just to teach or coach someone to play an instrument."

"If that's so, I'd still prefer this Madison girl over that Cordelia, I have a bad feeling just seeing her name---"

"Mom, I'd like to give all of them a chance, anyway, I need to go now or I'd be late for my first class," I smiled as I took the paper from her hand and reach out to her side to get my bag. I slid the paper inside my bag and walked towards the door. "Don't worry, I'll meet them later and put them through a series of test, let's just see who's better between the two of them!"