I couldn’t find a single scratch on my skin. No blood. No pain.

Okay! So, that means the car didn’t hit me. I am fine. I hadn’t realized that my heartbeats were accelerating until they slowed down a bit.

“You have not got hurt. I had stopped the car before it could hit you.” He told me, his face all masked. I couldn’t see, what he was thinking.

“Then?”  

“Then? Then what? I carried you hear at home. I couldn’t take you to your hotel. You were unconscious a..and….” His voice trailed off.

“Oh. Thanks.” I said, trying to be polite. Accidents can happen with anyone. I was not going to blame him. After all, no harm had done, so no grudges hold.

He didn’t spoke at once. I continued,

“What was Ma saying?”

“Well, she had called last night. When I realize that you have left your purse here. I picked up the phone, she asked me who I was and I told her.” he smiled, actually it looked more like a smirk.

“What? What did you tell her?” My eyes wide with shock. If she came to knew that I had fainted, she would get so worried!

“I told her that I had met you earlier at the concert through Leher.”

“Oh, You didn’t tell her that I fainted?” I held my breath as I waited for his reply.

“Noo, should I have?” He enquired looking puzzled.

I sighed.

Thank God!

“No, I thought you have told her and that she was going to fret about it, my entire life!” I felt a smile touching my mouth.

“Actually, she asked me to tell you to call her. I was coming to your hotel, when I was_ I mean, I met you.”

“Err, I was coming to get my phone back from you, because she was not picking up her phone.”

We both giggled which was followed by a long silence, before any of us could speak.

He let me use his washroom and then dropped me at my hotel for shower. Actually he waited in lobby.

“I don’t think I should leave you alone here. I’ll wait for you here. Come fast.” He had said with a big grin.

My face flushed with embarrassment. After all, I am not a small girl. I am grown up. I ignored it and had just put the expression of What-So-Ever!

His sentence had made me feel like a breakable doll. I didn’t like that feel as if I was again a small kid. He was treating me like a little girl, the way a big brother would treat her sister.