Chapter Twenty Three

April's POV

"Hey Angel" Luke whispered into my ear.

I spun around in his arms and felt his hands underneath my bare thighs as he lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his torso and my arms were hanging over his broad shoulders.

He kissed my lips slowly. My hands involuntarily moved so that I could run my fingers through his blonde hair. He bit his lip after he broke the kiss. He put me back down so that my feet were back on the ground.

"Where shall we go?" He asked after lacing his fingers with mine.

"I don't mind, as long as I'm with you" I winked.

"Damn. That was my line" Luke smirked.

"Looks like I'm the smooth one" I replied.

"Oh yeah, of course" Luke chuckled.

I rolled my eyes playfully. We continued walking around Sydney but neither of us had any idea where we would end up. Both of us were just too infatuated with each other to care.

This was how my dream relationships would begin. If someone said that I had a crush on Luke I would instantly know that a crush is an understatement about the way I feel about him.

Luke's bright blue eyes were locked on me, he made it impossible to stop myself from blushing. Luke kept telling me that I was beautiful and kept telling me sweet things. I wonder if he liked me as much as I liked him.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked.

"Because you're beautiful" Luke replied and tugged on his black lip ring with his teeth.

"You seriously need to stop watching The Fault In Our Stars" he chuckled and shook his head dramatically.

"Make me! Augustus and I love each other very much" Luke yelled.

I laughed and covered my mouth with my hand. He gave me an amused glance and couldn't stop himself from smiling. I felt my stomach flip as my eyes watched his smile form.

"Hazel Grace was just a cover up for our love" I nodded sarcastically and burst into laughter seconds later.

I wiped my eyes and kept laughing uncontrollably as I kept replaying the whole moment between us. Luke made me genuinely happy and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Hopefully if we get together, we'll last.

"Wow. I've never been able to make a girl laugh this much" he bit his lip and we eventually sat down in the coffee shop we had originally planned to meet at.

"We just walked in a giant circle didn't we?" He nodded and laughed lowly.

"What do you want beautiful?" I blushed and told him my normal order and offered to pay but Luke decided to be stubborn and refuse.

I thanked him and kissed his slightly pink cheek. We sat down in one of the empty booths which was at the back of the shop. Luke sat across from me and teased me when I folded my legs and sipped on my coffee.

"Thank you for tonight Luke" he smiled and held my hand across the table.

"It's alright. Anything for you" I blushed.

We both finished our drinks and he began to walk me home. The cool air blew through my blonde curls causing me to tug my beanie further onto my head. I wrapped my arms around myself and Luke noticed instantly.

Although I had a large cardigan already draped over my shoulders he put his arm around me and placed a kiss against my temple. I smiled as Luke sang the chorus of All Of The Stars by Ed Sheeran.

The part of the night that I was dreading fast approached and now we were stood on my front porch. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his lips. Something about this kiss felt.. Different.

The kiss was passionate and full of love. This only ignited my feelings for Luke even more. I'm beginning to fall in love with him, and I'm falling fast.

.