What's it to you?

I walked into the small coffee shop, and a smile instantly stretched across my face.

“Hey, welcome to De La Rico!” A girl’s cheery voice greeted me.

“Hi there!” I said back, “I saw you guys needed help?”

The girl stopped, and cocked her hip, “You’re interested in a job?”

I nodded.

“Let me get Demetri.” She turned, and disappeared behind a door.

I sat there quietly, and very awkwardly waiting for her to return.

My phone shrilled, and I looked down at it in my hands.

From: Landon!

Bring me back a slice of cheescake Princess? It’s lonely here without you!

I smiled at his message and made a side note to get his cake.

“You can come back here.” The girl tapped my shoulder causing me to jump a foot in the air.

“Okay, thanks.”

She lead me through the door she was just in, and into a small office. I saw the guy from yesterday, the tall, brown curly haired worker. When he looked up, a huge smile plastered across his face.

“Hiya.” He stood up and shook my hand.

“Hi.” I replied.

“Thank you Olivia, I’ll call for you when I need you.” Then the pretty blonde walked out in a daze.

“I’m Demitri.” He smiled. “Short for Demitrios.”

“Interesting. I’m Elsie, and I heard you guys are hiring.”

Demitri nodded, “That is true.”

“Cool, so what do I have to do?” I asked.

“If you pass the first portion, which is just a few questions, you can come back tomorrow for training.” Demitri pulled a piece of paper out from a drawer, and than settled back in his chair. “First, actually, I need you to fill this out.” He slid the paper my way, and handed me a pen.

I read over the paper carefully.

Full Name; Elsie Marie Griffith

DOB; April 22nd, 1996

Occupation/Past Jobs; Student, 12th grade. Past jobs include, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wren’s Real Estate Office, and Baby Gap.

Contact Number/Address; 598-337-6083, Mel Avenue, Apartment Complex 3, Room C66.

I looked up at Demitri, who was just watching me and smiling.

“Here, I’m finished.” I handed him the paper, and he looked down at it.

“Hey Neighbor.” He laughed.

“Neighbor?” I about passed out, I was blessed with being neighbor’s with this gorgeous hunk? Lord, I was going to have a heart attack.

“Yep. I live up a floor in D77, directly above you.” Demitri seemed content with the thought, and I can’t say that I didn’t.

“Sweet.” Was all I stammered.

“Yeah, you just moved here didn’t you! I saw a bunch of movers, and stuff once in the lobby.”

“Yeah, literally four days ago. It’s been pretty hectic actually... there’s already been a break in.”

“What? A break in? We’re talking about the same complex right? Wow...” Demitri frowned, “That’s never happened in the five years I’ve lived there.”

“Well it happened. Me and a friend walked in on him, we fled right before he could see us.” I shrugged.

“You know, you can have the job. You’ll need it here in New York, it’s pretty tough to find business anywhere. Plus, we can carpool, or walk together.” He smiled.

“Thank you!” I stood up cheerfully, “Thank you very much Demitri.”

“You’re welcome, and uh Elsie?” He asked.

“Yeah?”

“You hang out with Landon Elliot?”

“Yes. My mom is dating Rob.” I figured if he knew Landon, he must know Rob, since they were regulars.

“Oh, he’s a bit, uh troublesome. You know that right?” He ran his hand through his hair.

“Yeah, I know.” I snapped.

“Okay, I uh, was just making sure.” He nodded.

“Okay.”

I suddenly felt irritated, and just wanted to leave.

“He’s uh, kind to you?” Demitri tried.

“Very.”

“Respectable?”

“Yes.”

“Concerned with your best interest?”

“Very much so.”

“It’s funny he let you apply for this job. He isn’t too fond of me myself.”

“Landon doesn’t control me. Now if you don’t mind I need to go, what time should I come in tomorrow?” I asked.

“8 AM sharp will do just fine.”

Then I walked out.

Who did he think he was to try and butt in on my friendship with Landon? He may be very attractive, but he can’t think he can just do that kind of thing.

And even if I didn’t mind his questions, why did he care?

A/N sorry this chapter is a little short! I got my laptop taken away so I couldn't write much. I got to go to the Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran concert last night too... absolutely amazing (: ANyway... thanks for reading, next chapter should be up later today, or tomorrow (: