The cupboard attacked me;

The mess took about an hour and a half to clean up. Even though he said he’d help, Landon left most of the work to me. It was my mess though, so the fact that he helped a little still meant a lot. Now I was laying on the couch with Landon on the other side waiting for my mom and Robert to get back.

“What do you want to watch?” I asked him.

“I don’t care.”

“Well we can watch The Office, or The Big Bang Theory that’s all I have on DVD sets.” I shrugged.

“Big Bang Theory.” He put his feet up on the coffee table. “I like that show.”

“Me too.” I walked into my room, and dug through boxes looking for the season one discs.

When I pulled it out I walked back into the living room and put it into the DVD player. I hit play and waited for the few short previews to be over. I watched as Landon typed away on his black iPhone, and when he looked up to catch me staring, I averted my gaze back to the tv.

“You have a phone?” He asked.

“Yeah.”

“What’s your number?” He said it in such a casual tone.

“598-337-6083.” I recited.

“Cool.”

The show’s main screen came up, and I hit ‘play all’.

“So where are you from?” Landon put his hands behind his head.

“Ohio. You?” I replied.

“Born and raised right here.” He proudly smiled.

“Nice, I like it so far, I mean I’ve only been here for a day but still.”

I watched the screen, and snuck a look at Landon. He had brown hair, brown eyes, a muscular build, and thickish eyebrows. He really was cute, but was it okay for me to think that? I mean he could potentially live with me due to my mom and Robert.

“Do you have popcorn or something?” Landon asked. “I could always run back to the corner store.”

“No, I think we have some. Robert stocked our cupboards full remember? I’m sure you can find something.” I watched as Landon got up, and walked back into the kitchen to look for his movie snack.

“You have Kettle Corn, is that stuff any good?” He yelled.

“It’s the best, pop a bag!” I replied.

“Will do. So Princess, what was up with the tension with your mom earlier?” He asked.

I got up and walked into the kitchen pulling myself onto the counter next to the

fridge.

“Earlier? It’s a long story.” I rolled my eyes.

“If you couldn’t tell, we have some time to kill.” He spread his arms out as if to say look around.

“Well she didn’t tell me about Robert until today. She’s been lying to me.” I sighed.

“Seriously? Do you know how long they’ve been dating?”

“No.” I shook my head slowly.

“They’ve been dating for five months Elsie.” Landon said.

I looked over to him, my jaw hanging low. “Five months.”

He shook his head.

“What a bitch.” I whispered, and then the microwave dinged making me jump and hit my head on the cupboard above me.

I let out a cry of pain, and held my head. Landon jumped up and opened the freezer.

"Put this on your head." He instructed, and I did as he said.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"I never thought microwaves could be so scary." Landon laughed.

"Shut up." I snapped, "It hurts really bad."

I watched him grab the bag of popcorn out of the microwave. He searched around the cupboard for a bowl, and smiled when he found one.

"You promise this stuff is good?" Landon asked.

"It's great. Damn, my head kills now." I cursed.

"Let's go sit down then." He grabbed my elbow and helped me off the counter.

I followed him into the living room, and back onto my spot on the couch. He hit play on the remote, and we both sat quietly crunching on our popcorn. When the bowl was half gone Landon looked up at me.

"This stuff is really good." He cheekily smiled, and I just nodded. "How's your head?"

"Okay I guess. When do you think they'll be back?"

"I'm guessing soon, it's 11:30 already." He played his head back on one of the pillows. "Robert can't stay past 1 AM."

"Neither can my mom." I shrugged.

Then we just sat quietly watching the show.

About a half hour I heard the door open, and two voices waft into the living room. My mom threw her coat on the chair in the corner, and I shut my eyes convincingly.

"Look at them!" My mom whispered, "They must've been exhausting. Elsie always waits up for me when I'm out late."

Which was true, I just didn't want to look at her, I was still pretty pissed at her.

"I suppose you two can stay over tonight." I heard her add.

"That'd be great." Robert whispered, and then they walked off in the direction of her bedroom.

I opened my eyes slowly, and looked down at Landon who did the same.

“You’re staying over night.” I whispered very quietly.

“I heard. I’m just going to crash here, you wanna go to your room?”

“I have no sheets on my bed, or a pillow. I’m staying out here.” I closed my eyes, and pulled a brown blanket over me.

“Suit yourself. As long as you don’t care that I’m out here.” Landon closed his eyes again.

“I don’t care, and Landon?” I whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for helping me today, even though we just met, you’re really easy to talk to, so thank you.”

I saw him smile, which made me smile.

And that was the last thing I remember.