Breakfast, hugs, and phone calls;

I pulled out the seat next to Landon and took a sip of my water.

“So how did you guys figure out there was someone?” Rob asked, as the waitress brought us menus.

I pulled my chair in closer to the table, and sighed.

“We walked in, and I called your name twice,” I started, “so I was quiet waiting for you to answer, and than we heard a crash, something glass broke. It was pretty obvious.”

“So we sat there silently, just waiting to hear something again.” Landon added.

“And when we heard footsteps coming closer, we bolted out the door.” I finished.

My mom looked down at the menu, and than back at us. “Gosh, I can’t believe it.”

“I wish I would’ve called like you asked me to, that would’ve never happened, well us finding out, and being put in danger.” I breathed.

“Well everything is fine now, security said whoever it was fled before they got to our apartment. So, Rob and Landon will probably stay again.” My mom smiled, rubbing Rob’s arm.

The waitress walked back over to our table, “What can I get for you guys?”

The other three ordered and when it came to me, I just asked for a Caesar salad. I was still a little weary, and I was shaking.

“Did you guys go in the apartment afterward?” Landon asked.

“Yeah, it was a mirror that broke, and a picture frame. All the boxes in my room were dumped out, and Elsie’s room was raided too.” My mom took a sip of her wine.

My leg started to shake pretty bad, and I guess Landon saw because under the table her rested his hand on my leg, and gave it a gentle squeeze. I expected him to move it after that but he didn’t, he just let it stay there. And I was okay with it.

I felt safe now when I was around him. Sure he could be a little bipolar at times, I’ve only known him for 2 days, I’m sure there’s a lot I don’t know about him. But I sort of let the bipolar thing go considering his background. I feel like he could fight off the world for me, and he’s so easy to talk to, and I like that.

“I walked down the hall, and there was mud everywhere.” Rob said.

“How about we stop talking about it for now Hun.” My mom suggested looking over at me.

I was shaking so bad, I could have been having a seizure. Throughout my fake seizure, Landon never moved his hand from my thigh, and I feel like if he did, I would be a hundred times worse.

“Well I have a question.” I piped up, “Where were you guys?”

My mom looked down at her iPhone, “We went to the corner store to get ice cream, toilet paper, and uhh... coffee filters.”

I nodded, and than the nurse brought us our food. We all said out thanks and started to eat. For a while the only thing I could hear was the crunching of the lettuce as I chewed, but then Rob spoke up.

“So where’d you two go today?”

“I took her to Cafe de la Rico, and the um sandwich shop.” Landon smiled.

“Well that was nice of you!” My mom exclaimed.

“I really liked the coffee shop.” I smiled.

“I’m glad, Landon and I usually stop in there each morning.” Rob stated.

And that’s pretty much how dinner went. We talked about our day, besides the break in.