Would You Die For Us?

I did indeed edit this picture. It starting with just the pic of Dan and I added tears and copied it and made it Phil and then put them together.

Dan is a trouble making kid and Phil is a straight A student. They meet and become best friends. Phil teaches Dan how to do his school work and Dan teaches Phil how to loosen up and have fun. Their parents hate their children's friendship. Dan and Phil are friends for 7 years, they met when they were 11. But then, their friendship is threatened with separation.

Phil's POV:

I was walking home from town, reading my new book while walking. Not the best idea. I ran right into a boy running down the sidewalk. I dropped my book and he dropped a small paper bag he had been holding. We both fell flat on our bums. I shook my head a little and looked at him. I recognized him from school. I didn't know his name but I knew he was always getting in trouble. He stood first and helped me up. He gave me a big smile. "Hi. Sorry. I didn't mean to run into you," he said, handing me my book. I handed him his bag and smiled. "It's ok. It was my fault. I'm Phil," I said back.

"I'm Dan. Sorry again we had to met like this, Phil. Can I make it up to you by inviting you to have a sandwich with me?"

I was a little skeptical. I had promised my mum and dad that I would be right back home after I bought a book. I bite my lip and thought for a second. "Sure. But we can't be long. I promised my parents I'd be home soon."

Dan smiled. "Ok! Let's go!" He grabbed my hand and began to drag me down to the sidewalk. We came to a little park. People were running and playing with their kids and their dogs and other pets. Dan pulled me over to a small tree in the corner where no one around. We sat down and opened the sack he had with him. He handed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and got one out for himself. I took a bite. It was the best sandwich I'd ever had. "This is delicious," I said with my mouth full. Dan blushed. "Thanks. I made them myself." We talked for hours. I checked my watch after a while and gasped. "I have to go. We've been out here for 3 hours." I stood and Dan grabbed my arm. He smiled and took out a pocket knife. I looked at him for a second, wondering what he was gonna do. He carved his naming into the tree, then nicked his finger and underlined his name in blood. He smiled at me. I smiled back and took the blade. I put my name below his and nicked my own fingertip and underlined my name.

"Oh. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now." I sighed in relief. I had been trying to help Dan with his schoolwork for hours. He was finally catching on. It's been about three months since Dan and I first met. I watched him attempt to do one of the math problems. He got every part right. "Great job Dan. We're making progress," I said, patting him on the back. He smiled.
I was about to help him on another, when I heard my mum's car drive up in my driveway. Dan and I looked at each other and nodded. Our parents hated it when they found out that we were friends. Something about my family thinking that Dan's family isn't raising their kids properly. Dan grabbed his homework and walked over to my window. He flung his arms around me in a tight hug. I felt my heart jump a little. My family rarely hugged me and this was the first time Dan  had ever hugged me. I hugged him back before it could become awkward. He pulled away and I smiled. He opened my window quietly and waited until we hear the door open and close. Dan jumped and landed perfectly on the ground and took off running, careful not to make any noise. I heard my bedroom door open and my mum stepped in. "Phillip, why are you just looking out the window?" I turned to her and said, "I just like to watch the stars come out and shine in the sky." My mum rolled her eyes. "Well, just finish doing that and go to bed."
"But mum. Its only 8'o clock."
My mum took a step towards me. "I said, Go. To. Bed. Phillip," she said through her teeth. I sighed and nodded. She walked out of my room, leaving me alone. I looked out the window one last time before closing it and sitting on my bed. Just then, I heard a soft sound against my window. At first, I thought it was just my imagination but I heard it again and again. I finally stood and walked over to the window and opened it. There was Dan with a handful of pebbles. "What are you doing," I whispered. He motioned for me to come to him. I turned off my light and grabbed my phone and jacket and jumped out the window. Dan had dropped the pebbles and caught me. He set me down and laughed. "Come on. Lets go on an adventure." It seemed like I had no choice. I shrugged and smiled. He grabbed my hand and we ran down the sidewalk. We walked around for awhile before we realized that we had walked to the park. We made our way to the tree. Our names were still there and the blood had left a faint streak. I ran my fingers along the letters of his name. Daniel James Howell. I saw him run his finger along the letters of my name and smile. He pulled out his knife from his pocket and carved the letters B-F-F-L-S off to the side of our names. Then he nicked his fingertip in the same place as last time and underlined his name again. He handed me the knife and I nicked my fingertip. I ran my blood below my name, leaving a red trail behind.