The Words Of A Servant.

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I'm writing this while drinking a nice, hot cup of honey, vanilla, chamomile tea.

Dan's POV:

I straightened the crown atop my head. I looked in the mirror and sighed before taking my crown and throwing down on my bed. I grumbled angrily. I hate being a prince. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it! I sighed again and fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Just then I heard a faint knock on my door. I smiled, knowing who it was. "Come on in, Phil."

The door opened quietly to show a pair of piercing blue eyes. He was wearing his servant uniform and a blue and green flower crown. I smiled, sitting up. I patted on the spot beside me on the bed. He smiled, shut the door, and sat down next to me. He smiled. "Are you ok today, Daniel?" He said in his quiet, innocent voice. I grinned. "I'm fine. How are you, Phil?"

"Good. A little bored and tired, but other than that, good."

I tapped my chin. "Wanna sneak into town and find something to do?" Phil's eyes widened. "Wouldn't you get in trouble?"

"Only if we get caught." Phil shook his head. "No, let's think of something else. Something less. . . risky."

"So Dan," Phil said. "Are you excited for the ball tonight?" I sighed, wishing he wouldn't have reminded me. "Not really."

"Why? You get to chose your true love tonight. Besides, Prince Pj will be here so you won't be alone." I looked at him. "Aren't you going to be there?"

"Of course. I just thought you wouldn't want to be seen with a servant like me. That you'd rather be with someone high class."

"Phil, I'll never be embarrassed to be seen with you. You and Pj are my only real friends. And about the true love thing, I don't want to chose my true love. I want to meet them, be friends with them, and then marry them. But tonight, I'll be forced to chose the one I marry, and I have until midnight. And if I do find someone, then my parents will choose the time and place of the wedding. And the clothes, and decorations. I will get no say in anything, except for whom I wed. Besides, I already have my eyes on someone, but I know I can't be with them. My parents would never approve and I know that this person would never wed a stuck up snob like me. They have their whole lives ahead of them, as I am to be forced into marriage. I don't want to force this person into commitment, but I'm head over heels in love with them. I just don't know what to do." I broke down in tears. Phil gently wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his chest.

"Don't cry, Danny. Listen." He pulled he back and made me look him in the eyes. "These are just the words of a servant, but here's my advise. Any person in this world would be lucky to wed you. You're beautiful, inside and out. You have a great personality and you're personally the best person I've ever met. And about this person, just tell them how you feel. Don't worry what your parents say. They want you to be happy. If this person doesn't accept you, then you know they're not worth it. Just follow your heart. You have a heart of gold, Daniel." He placed a hand on my chest. "It knows what's best." Phil stood. "I must be going now. See you tonight." And with that, he was gone.

I looked at the clock. 6:33. I had 3 hours. I stood and grabbed an outfit from my closet. I didn't care what my parents thought of my appeal. I threw on a black t-shirt and skinny jeans. I sat back down on my bed and played with my crown in my hands. I couldn't stop thinking of Phil's words. They made so much sense. I soon made up my mind. I would tell this person tonight. I was so excited, yet so scared.

~TIME WARP TO THE BALL~

I placed my crown back on my head. I heard a loud knock on my bedroom door. "Daniel! Let's go sweetie. It's time to meet your true love," my mum's voice came from outside. "Yes, mum. One second." I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and placed them in my pocket. I opened my door. My mum looked at my outfit. "Are you sure you wish to meet your future wife like that?" I nodded and so did my mum. We walked down the hall, to the ball room. We opened the door and many bowed to us. My mother went off to mingle while I searched the room for my love. I had to find them... I just had to.