Carved Final Words

Trigger Warning! Sorry for the depressing ones. ;( This was inspired by Ssundee's new video in 100 Ways to Die, when, *SPOILER ALERT* Ambrew must make the choice to ether send Ssundee to the afterlife or not. This just came into my head. Ps, it may be kind of short becuz I have school in the morning and it's 9:52. I don't have a bed time but you know. I try to get lots of sleep. 8th grade's hard, man!

And yes, I found the pic above on Google, but edited it myself. Took a while.

Dan's POV:

I looked around the empty, abandon church. Not a soul was here except for me, but my soul was so beaten and torn right now, I don't know if you can count it as a soul. Right now, it was nothing but a shadow. Exactly like a shadow. For a shadow can only move if you force it to. A shadow was no emotion, feelings, or values. It's just there. Following you. Watching you. Trying to comfort you, but can't because it has no voice. It's just. . . there. Unable to move. Unable to speak. Just like my soul.

And my heart.

I stared down at my loving, playful, life-full boyfriend. His pale skin glistened in the dim light of the church. His black hair shone with it's normal shine, and I could see his blue eyes twinkle. There's was just one thing that was different. He was no longer the loving, playful, life-full ball of warm and energy I had once knew.

He was now an emotionless, strict, lifeless soul.

 He was dead.

I placed my hand on his cold cheek. It still shocked me when I didn't feel his cheek heat up under the pressure of my touch, even though I knew why. I ran my hand along his jaw. I could hear the rain begin to hit the top of the church. The floorboards creaked, the ceiling leaked at some spots, and one of the windows was broken, but this was where he had said he wanted it to happen. We had talked about what would happen if one of us should die, and he told he what he wanted. He had said he wanted my to take him to this abandon church and wait until 11:00 pm. It was 10:59 now. I counted down the seconds until my watched clicked into it's place.

 It was time.

I leaned in close to his face. I kissed his neck once, both his cheeks, and his lips, leaving behind a trail of tears. I grabbed his right hand and reached into my pocket. I pulled out the blade he had given me four years ago. I carefully sliced into his arm, still nervous that I might somehow hurt him even though I knew he could feel nothing. I carefully cut the words I Love Dan. I took his other arm and cut the next words. Even After I Die. I pulled up his shirt to reveal his chest. His bruised, beaten chest.

 I laid the blade on the left side of the top of his chest and carved a small heart and the next message.

This Is Where My Heart Should Be But It's Not Here. 

I moved to his stomach. 

It's In Dan's Hands And There It Will Stay.

These were his final words. The words he never wanted to forget. He told me that he wanted them printed onto his skin. And he wanted me to do it so he would always have a small thing to remember me by.

I then took my own right arm and sliced my own words. He hadn't told me to do this and probably would try and stop me if he could. But I was going to anyway. I said the words aloud as I dug them into my flesh.

"I Love Phil."

Now my left.

"Even After Death."

I unbuttoned my shirt and engraved a heart just like his.

"This Is Where My Heart Should Be But It's Not Here."

My  stomach.

"It's In Phil's Hands And There It Will Stay."

I watched as my blood dripped onto the cold, stone floor of the church. The red liquid made it's way down my chest and down my jeans. I grabbed Phil's body and stepped outside. The rain pelted my bare chest and weak body as I carried him in my arms that were slowly losing strength. I made my way to the river that lay just outside. I hugged his body tightly as if to create some sort of spark that would then bring him back to life. No such luck. I felt my tears run down my face. Some got knocked away by the rain, others made their way into my open cuts, making them sting. The other tears found their way to Phil's body. I kissed him once more before holding onto him tightly with one arm. It was hard to do, but I did it. I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a small handgun I had bought earlier today. The gun was already loaded. I turned off safety and lifted it to my head. I pointed it at my temple, knowing it was the most vulnerable part of the head. *true fact* I looked down at his body once more. I sighed and stepped closer to the river that was now ragging due to the huge amount of rainfall.

I pulled the trigger.

 I tried to scream but I heard no sound, only the silence. I saw my blood fly past my eyes. The pain was unbearable. Everything suddenly went in slow motion. I fell forward, Phil still in my arms. I soon felt water engulf my body. Everything went back to normal speed and all I heard was the deafening sound of the water pulling at my body, threating to pull me under into the darkness. It was a reflex that I try to reach for the air that was now above my head. But I knew it was no use. My head was burning, hurting, numb, everything. I fought again but gave in again. I stopped struggling. I felt the rush of the water pulling me down stop. All was calm and quiet. I still felt myself sinking. I opened my eyes slightly to be greeted with dark blue and black smudges. I opened my mouth to get air because my lungs were on fire. I was greeted with a mouthful of water. I was going to struggle but my head was hurting so bad, I couldn't move. I was about to close my eyes, then I saw it.

No, I saw him.

There swimming in front of me was Phil. He was smiling his cheeky little grin. His whole body was silver with a bright white outline. He took hold of my hands and showed off his pearly white teeth. I looked down at his arms. There, glowing in an even brighter white, was the words I had carved into his flesh. He was wearing no shirt so the ones on his chest and stomach were visible also. I looked at my own arms. The slits in my own skin were glowing too. Phil leaned in and was about to kiss me before my head gave up the fight. The fight to live. The will to go on. My eyes fell shut and my world fell dark. And I fell deeper into the dark abbess below.

All I could hear was my heart.

Beating slower and slower...and slower until-

*silence*

The Next Day.

"Hello, my name is Carl Mclener and this is breaking news! The bodies of two men were found this morning in a river. The bodies have been identified as internet celebrities, Daniel James Howell and Phillip Michael Lester. Both bodies were rescued from the river but unfortunately, Daniel and Phillip were long gone before they were found. Phillip had supposedly died of an unknown illness yesterday and Daniel's head had a bullet hole in the side. We are guessing that when Phillip died, Daniel was so heartbroken, he committed suicide. The bodies also were found with strange carvings in the skin. If you read the carvings in order on Phil's body, they read, 'I Love Dan. Even After Death.' There is then a carving of a heart on his chest. 'This Is Where My Heart Should Be But It's Not Here. It's In Dan's Hands And There It Will Stay.' It says the same on Dan's body except with the name Phil. There will be much mourning for these two. The world has defiantly lost two of the greatest beings."