Tears are a silent goodbye.

Slight Trigger Warnings!  For this One shot, I recommend listening to Video Games by Lana Del Rey or My Immortal by Evanesvence. Also, let's all pretend that Dan has a car. (Or in Dan's words, a chair. LOL for references!)

Phil's POV:

9 days, 7 hours, 20 minutes.

This is how long it's been since I saw Dan. I paced my bedroom floor trying not to stare at anything. Everything in this house reminded me of him. Even the air. To know that he had once breathed in this same air. To know he had once paced these same floors. Watched these same walls. Stared at this same ceiling. There was nowhere I could look that didn't remind me of Dan. He's been gone for more than a week and yet, my heart still hurts just as much as the day he left. I felt like I was stuck in time, unable to move on. It was all my fault that he's dead.

*Flashback*

"I'm sick and tired of you never paying attention to me! We used to do everything together. Now you just stray away from me. What are you not telling me?" I yelled. Dan walked up to me and took hold of my hands. "Phil, I'm not hiding anything. I've just been needing some time to myself to. . . think," he said with tears in his eyes. I threw down his hands. "I don't believe you."

"W...what?"

"I said I don't believe you. And if you want time to yourself, then you can have it. Get out! Get out and don't come back until you're ready to tell me what you're really hiding!" Dan put his face in his hands and cried. He grabbed his keys off the table and walked over to the door. He opened it and turned to me once more. Little did I know this would be the last time I ever saw him. He had tears falling down his face as he said his last words to me.

"I love you. Goodnight."

I didn't say a word. I didn't even look at him. I just listened until I heard the door close quietly.

       An hour later, I got a phone call. It was from Zoe. "Hi Zoe. What's wrong," I said when I realized that she was crying. "P...Phil. Turn on the TV to channel 4," she said bawling. I did as I was told. I gasped. It was a reporter standing in front of a car that had been completely destroyed. The reporter said that the driver had had out his phone and was, supposedly, recording himself when he collided with a large semi truck. That car... it looked just like......

I dropped the phone.

"The man has not been identified yet, but assumed to be internet sensation Daniel James Howell," the reporter continued. "If this is correct, he will surly be missed by millions. I'm just getting information that it has been confirmed that this was indeed, Daniel."

I had already grabbed my keys and was on my way to the scene. When I got there, I was just in time to see them getting Dan onto a stretcher and they were taking him away. I tried to run to him, but two men held me back. I was screaming his name in tears. But it wasn't enough. He was gone. I hit my knees and cried with my face in my hands. Someone came over to me and asked for my identity. "P...Phillip Michael Lester. I'm D.. Dan's boyfriend," I answered, not looking up. "How can I believe you?" He asked. I pulled out my drivers license and showed him. He nodded. "Well, Phillip, I'm so sorry. This is for you." He handed me a phone. Dan's phone. It was cracked and had a little blood on it. I grabbed it and ran my fingers across the cracks. The man watched me. I slowly turned it on, surprised that it still worked. I entered the password, unlocking the phone. This first thing on it was a video. I bit my lip and hesitantly pressed the play button.

It started with Dan crying and driving. He looked at the camera and said, "I'm sorry Phil. I can't live without you. The reason I was staying so far away was because... because.." He stopped and cried before saying, "Just look in the glove compartment. I love you Phillip. And no matter how far away we are, I will love you none the less." I loud horn honked in the distance of the video. "I love you. Goodnight." All that could be seen next was shattered glass and blood. The blood. The blood of my lover. My best friend. My Daniel.