Chapter 2

*Satvi Pov*

I opened my eyes slowly, frowning a little with the severe headache. I adjusted them to the light and saw that no one is here in the white room.

I slowly turned to press a button which must be here somewhere to call the nurse. I hope it will be there like showed in so many movies.

"You are awake?" nurse asked after a few minutes entering the room.

"What happened to me?" I asked her, pressing my forehead.

"Don't think about anything. I will go and call in the doctor." She replied before leaving the room.

I am not in the mood to think as well, and she doesn't need to tell me that specially. I leaned back hoping someone would explain without me getting stressed.

"Glad that you are awake." Doctor said entering the room.

"Doctor! If possible don't say the word about my waking up again and tell me what happened to me." I pleaded with him.

"Ok! But just tell me what the last thing you actually remember and, which doesn't need you to think hard." He said and then I saw my family along with karthik entering the room.

"I remember driving towards a hotel for Karthik's birthday party." I said after a few minutes.

"And?" he asked, and I nodded thinking but not thinking hard.

"Then I got someone's call. Before I could lift it, I think I felt my car hitting some other car. And..." I trailed.

"And?" He asked again.

"And I felt my head getting hit to the steering wheel." I replied frowning.

"That's all?" he asked, noting down.

"Yeah! I was really excited about the party as we just got graduated, and we thought it would be a celebration for all of us." I replied nodding at him.

"But..." I heard Karthik saying, and I turned to see three of them frowning.

Doctor too watched them and got up from the bed before asking, "You don't remember anything other than that right?"

"No!" I replied, shaking my head.

"Ok! Take some rest Ms.Satvi. I will do check up on you soon." He said leaving the room.

"So, will someone tell me for how many days I have been 'sleeping'?" I asked them raising my eyebrow.

"You should take a rest." Dad said before, those three left the room.

I am going to be mad soon. I thought lying back on the bed. Should I think hardly again? No way! I can't bear the pain again.

"Ok! I am here with your answers." Doctor said after a few hours while I just lay on the bed counting the tiles on the floor on both of my sides.

"Ok!" I mumbled, sitting up.

"You were in a coma." He said directly.

"Ok? For how many days was I in a coma?" I asked him and then my family behind him.

"Nearly more than a year." He replied, and I stared at him in shock.

I never felt this much shock, like never. I even stopped breathing, hearing those words. I placed my hand on my heart before taking deep breaths to stop the swift beating of it.

"Ok! So the accident, I said was bigger than I felt then." I said looking at him.

"Yes! It was a pretty big accident, and maybe you got unconscious before feeling the impact." He said, and I nodded closing my eyes.