Chapter 10 - Drugs and Deaths

Authors Message: The picture above is Tate!!!

Chapter 10

Drugs and deaths

Travis's POV

"Sir, the shipment is in route." Smith informed me as I sat in my office, daydreaming about my Hayden.

I nod and say, "Get the guys out there. I want them to take out the leader of the cartel. He will be there and I want him out. He is making buisness pretty rough lately. He had plenty of chances to change things."

"Yes, sir." Smith nodded at me and turned around, and pulling out his phone as he walked out of my office.

The cartel that I am taking out is one of the stupidest cartels I could even think of. All the other gangs around here agree and agreed that if we needed back up, they would be there. Which is a kind gesture. But there is always a price that comes along when another mob helps another.

Twenty minutes went by and my phone started ringing to Hayden's ringtone that I had set for him.

"Hello beautiful, is everything ok?" I asked with full concern.

"Yeah, I was just wondering when you'll be home so I can have dinner ready. If you don't mind, sir." He said the last part seductively, making me grin all the way up to my ears.

"Tsk, Tsk.... Now, Now pet, I don't want you to start something you can't finish." I teased. I could hear his breath hitch in his throat, making me chuckle.

"What about dinner?" He asked me.

There was a knock at the door and Smith stepped in with a bloody Tate in his hands. My eyes widen and my blood began to boil.

"We will get take out. I will be home soon." I said and hung up instantly, rushing over to Tate.

"What the hell happened?" I asked, picking up Tate and placing him on my pool table.

"The leader shot him but we took him out. The cartel is gone but we lost some people, Travis. Tate is the only one that isn't dead from a gunshot wound." Smith explained to me.

"Get our two medics in here and have him stitched up immediately. Then have my pool table replaced." I told Smith as I pushed on the gunshot wound to stop the bleeding.

"AHH!" Tate groaned out in pain. The shot is right by his love handles, I am sure it went through the bone so it must hurt like a mother fucker.

Our two medics who is part of my mafia arrived and helped Tate out. I told them to get him out of here and have my pool table replaced. My hands are covered in blood. I need to clean myself up before I go home. I can't have Hayden asking questions. If he found out what I do, there is no way that he would stay with me. He would end up leaving and I would lose someone that I honestly care about.

I rushed to the bathroom and pulled off my long sleeved silky shirt and tossed it to the side as I scrubbed my hands, trying to get the blood stains off as best as I could. It's been three hours since I told Hayden I would be home soon. He must be worried sick about me.

God, why did I have to do be with him and drag him into everything?

I finished up cleaning and put on a new shirt on and made my way home as fast as I could. I told Smith to step on it but avoid the cops because I needed to get home to Hayden. Will he even trust me after this?

As I stepped into my penthouse, Hayden was pacing back in forth in the foyer. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked over at me, rushing over and throwing himself at me.

"I missed you so much! Where have you been? I have been worried sick!" He shouted at me and pulled away.

"I had a meeting that ran late, pet. I am sorry. I know I should have called and told you, but they kept talking about what they wanted for the club. They are big clients so I couldn't skip out on this meeting." I lied and placed my lips on his.

"Ready to order some take out and watch some movies?" I asked him.

He sighed and nodded, walking over to the phone book.

Now lets hope he believed that story....