chapter 22

Blaze asked the basic questions. Is anyone there? What's your name? How'd you die? I wrote the questions down and put 'no response' next to them. They were about to give up hope when Blaze asked again if anyone was there.

The planchette moved so fast across the board that I thought it was going to fly out from under their fingers. So I knew there was no way for them to be doing it on their own. It was almost as if it was moving at an inhuman speed.

It shot directly to yes.

"Um, okay. What's your name?". Blaze asked.

I leaned over to get a better look and watched in horror as the board spelled out R-Y-A-N. I cocked my head to the side as I didn't know anyone that had recently passed by the name Ryan.

Holy dung balls! This is actually happening!

"Are you the one terrorizing us at Nessa's house?". Rayn asked.

It slowly moved to no.

As each question was asked and answered, I wrote it down. I made a few mistakes as I was writing and had to erase them and rewrite it due to me being a country fried chicken shit that I am, when it comes to paranormal things.

Yes, I know.. I'm a hard ass when it comes to most things, but when it comes to paranormal.... Yeah, watch me shit my pants.

"Ryan, do you know who is?" Blaze asked.

Yes.

"Who?" Rayn asked before he could.

Nothing. Nodda. Blaze asked the question once more. Still nothing. Just as Blaze went to open his mouth and repeat the question, we heard a loud bang on the wall, coming from the kitchen area. It was so loud that I jumped and screamed at the top of my lungs, causing Blaze, Rayn, and Will to jerk their hands away from the board.

"What the blue hell was that?" Rayn asked loudly.

Out of nowhere, we hears a scraping noise. Immediately, we snapped our heads back around to the board. Much to our shock and disbelief, the planchette was going ape shit nuts across the board. On its own. My eyes grew wider than saucers and my mouth gapped open. I heard a sharp intake of breath from Will.

"Who's there?" Rayn whimpered.

Once again, the scraping of the planchette caught our attention. Rayn scooted away from the board as it spelled out a message: R-U-N, H-E I-S H-E-R-E!

I jumped off the couch, notebook and pencil dropping to the floor. Rayn shot up and ran to my side. Will backed his way to the other side of me.

'What the hell' I thought.

I looked at the both of them. What the hell did they think I was? A protector? Like I could stand against what ever the hell was in this house. I was about to either.

Blaze remained on the floor in front of the board, like a lazy lump on a log, looking like a buck caught in headlights. The planchette jerked wildly around the board.

"You believe now?" I whispered to Will.

Will remained silent. His face said it all. Fear. Shock. Scared shitless. My attention snapped back to the board as it went quiet for a split second and then slowly moved across the board, to the letters.

I-M H-E-R-E.

That was it for me. I bolted for the door. I could hear heavy footsteps clomping against the floor behind me, which by the way, made me catch another damn gear. As I approached the door faster than I had planned, I didn't stop in time and slammed into the door. AGAIN.

'Way to go dumb ass, that's the second time you've hit the door.' I thought to myself as I reached for the knob.

Panic set in really high as I turned the knob and it wouldn't turn. Oh and not to mention the spine chilling evil laugh that could be heard loud and clear coming from upstairs.

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter. I tried to make it scary as possible. I will try to update as soon as I can. Thanks for all the votes and comments you have left for me. You don't know how happy you guys have made me. I wouldn't be as far as I am in the story if it wasn't for those who voted and commented. Thank you so much. I appreciate your support.