chapter 10: no response.

This chapter may give you chills.

We placed our fingers very lightly on the planchette and waited. Nothing happened. Since I didn't know exactly how this worked, I remained silent. I gazed over at Will and he just shrugged his shoulderss. I guess he didn't know what to do either.

"Is anyone there?" Blaze asked sofly.

Everything was quiet. No movement. Nothing. The planchette never moved.

"Hello, I said, is anyone there?" Blaze repeated.

Still nothing.

"Are you sure this is how this thing works?" Rayn asked, looking over at Blaze.

"Yeah, I think so," he replied. "Maybe it's broken."

Will bursted out laughing. "Man, you act like this thing runs on batteries."

"It might. You never know." Blaze grinned big, showing his teeth.

"I doubt it." Rayn said.

"Hello, if there is anyone there, please, make yourself known!" Blaze shouted.

Silence.

I began to feel uncomfortable. The statement Blaze gave sent chills up and down my spine. I could feel the palms of my hands getting sweaty. I could see that he was becoming annoyed with the board as his provokes became a little aggressive towards the board.

"There's no one here! I don't believe this thing works! Even if it does, the spirits are to cowardly to come forward!" he boomed.

"Hey! Don't do that!" I spoke, harshly, for the first time since starting the 'game'.

"Why not? There's nothing here!" he growled, looking at me with a hatred expression.

"I don't care! I said, don't do that!" I snarled back, returning the look.

"Fine! Whatever! This is stupid!" he grumbled taking his fingers off the planchette.

I rolled my eyes as the rest of us took our fingers off of it as well. Rayn, Will, and I sat there talkin amongst ourselves in the candle lit kitchen. I noticed that Blaze seemed to be off in his own little world. He never joined in the conversation, not once.

I thought it was a little strange, but didn't really think nothing of it. I mean, come on, everyone acts a little strange sometimes. We're entitled to it. We're only human.

"Why do you think it didn't work?" Rayn asked, staring at me.

"I don't know. I never wanted to do this in the first place." I answered a little to harsh.

"I was just asking." she whined.

"Well, you're asking----." I stopped in mid sentence as i felt a cold finger run down my spine.

Rayn looked at me with her head cocked to the side. "What's wrong?"

I just sat there, frozen in fear, completely and utterly terrified. My breath caught in my throat and my mouth became dry. My eyes widened as I pressed my lips together. My eyes began to water ad i felt the cold finger, this time, poke me gently on the back of my shoulder. I could feel the goosebumps that started to form right where the finger had touched me. My stomach tightened as fear began to fill my hear. I was to terrified to move.

Just as I was about to responde, the most wickedest thing i have ever experenced happened. I could hear a light breeze, as if someone were blowing out birthday candles. I stiffened and cut my fear filled eyes to Will and Rayn's horrified expression, signaling that they had heard it, too. My eyes were glued to their faces as the candle flames flickered and then, one by one, were blown out by themselves.

Ah, here we are.. Starting off creepy right? I hope you enjoy. I appologize for any misspelling or any other errors. I will fix them. Please comment and let me know what you think and please, no negative or rude comments. Thanks.