chapter 3 No parents part 2

I closed the door as I started the engine. The loud roar made Rayn pull her door closed and put her seat belt on. I put the car in reverse and backed out of the parking lot. We sat in silence half way of the ride, except when they would give me direction. 'Turn here' or 'at the next left'.

I felt disgusted with myself. I couldn't believe i had said that to them about their parents. In my defense, i didn't know where dead, but I still shouldn't have taken it that far. I didn't know what it was like to lose both of our parents. Technically speaking, we kind of had, just not in that way like they had.

Our parents didn't really care to much for Rayn and I much. Our father works as a big time lawyer, so he's barely home, but when he is, it's late at night. So, our parents are filthy rich. Pur mother is a stay at home mom, considering that fact that she does absolutely nothing all day. No cleaning. No cooking. No washing the dishes or clothes. One word. Maid.

Even before my parents became rich, my mother still didn't do any of those things. I don't think she deserves to be called a mother or mom. Don't get me wrong, we love her because she's our mom, but that doesn't mean we have to like her.

Before she dicided to move us our on our own, Rayn and I fought with her all the time. We couldn't stand to be around one another. She would run back and tell my father ever thing that Rayn and I would say to her. She would blame it on us. When my father got home late nights, we would get into heated arguments with him as well. It would mostly be me arguing with him.

As I've said before, that is the only reason why they bought us a place, was for us to get out of their way. Anything we needed, all we had to do was go to them.

I hate having to live off my parents like that. Running to them everytime we needed something. I tried for several jobs, but apparently in this town, they don't hire anyone umder the age of 18, which sucks. So, our parents set us up with a bank account just for us. Every month they would put a certain amount of cash into the account. They made sure we had money for all the utilities, groceries, gas, and the other important essentials. So i guess you can say, in a way they sort of care about us, but only for us to be out of their sights.

I don't call them nor do they call us. It's just the way it is and i like it that way. Simple. I know, I really hate that they've done that for us, but at the moment I have no choice. I can't stand to be around them mainly because of all the arguments and how they really don't want us around. So whats the point of staying under the same roof as them. It wont last long though. As soon as I turn 18, i plan on getting a job. I want to be independent. I don't like having to depend on no one, except myself, which is really the only person you can really count on, right?

As i continued to drive, I finally decided to break the silence by asking 'Giggles' his name since I just fount out what 'Husky's' real name was. "So what is your name?" I glanced at 'Giggles' in the rear view mirror.

He stared me. His eyes locked on me like I had just grown 3 heads. Blaze mimicked him. Their eyes were wide and the expressions on their faces were priceless. It was like they hadn't expected me to ask for 'Giggles' real name. The looks they were giving me had me thinking to myself, 'oh Lord, what have I said wrong, now?'

Hope you enjoy this chapter.. Sorry if its short.