chapter 1: flat tire

Hi, my name is Shawnessa Ronan. I'm 16 years old in my junior year of high school. I have bright baby blue eyes. I stand 5'2", have a slim toned tanned body, weighing at 137 pounds. My hair is long straight crimson red that reaches to the middle of my back. I have a tattoo of a wolf howling on my upper left arm.

I know what your thinking, what in the world is a 16 year old doing with a tattoo? Well, my parents are the type of parents that dont care what their daughters do as long as we stay out of their hair. They'll go as far as giving us anything we want. Which is why my sister and I live by ourselves, even if it is just right down the street from our parents house. They're okay with whatever we decide to do, which is probably why I'm quite the spit fire with an attitude.

I have a couple of friends only because i chose for it to be that way. I'm more of a loner that keeps to myself. Its my way of staying out of trouble, but as i know all to well, trouble tends to find me, everytime. And im not the type of person to back down from any trouble.

I have a younger sister, Rayn Ronan. She's 14 years old in her freshman year. She is the exact opposite of me. She stands 5'4". Yes, i know my sister is a few inches taller than me but its not my fault im stuck at being short. Her body is sli, like mine, but she has a pale skin complexion. We're half indian but i guess that gene skipped her. She has a lot of friends and is quite on the popular side. She doesnt have the bad temper like i do but she has the attitude and uses it when she needs to. Shes really a happy go lucky person.

We were on our way to math class. How i hate math. I would have a little chat with the person that ever came up with this stuff. I was hoping to avoid trouble today at all cost. I was in a cranky mood and it was just after lunch. I groaned as i saw a group of guys standing in the middle of the hallway just goofing around. As Rayn and I were about to walk around them, i heard someone from the group yell, "Hey girl, i like yo face!"

I spun around to find a tanned husky guy with brown eyes with a spiked up colorful mohawk with khaki shorts and a black t shirt with a grim reaper riding a motorcycle plastered across it, staring directly at Rayn.

"Who are you talking to, peanut face?" i shouted at the husky guy, pulling Rayn behind my back.

"I sure aint talking to you, fruit roll up!" the husky guy cracked, nudging a tall dark chocolate skinned guy in the arm.

"There's nothing around here thats a fruit roll up except the only thing thats rolling up is your top lip!" i boasted back.

"Oooh brother she got you." the tall dark guy wear ing blue jeans and a black t shirt bursted into a fit of laughter.

"What are you laughing at fungus face?" i questioned turning my attention to him.

By this time the students in the hallway were starting to gather around the four of us. Most of them were snickering from the comeback i made. Some were looking at 'husky' waiting for his reaction.

'Giggles' stood up straight his laughter coming to a halt and looked around. He turned his attention back to me and pointed at his chest. "You talking to me?"

"No cheeto face im talking to your twin. Of course im talking to you." i shot back taking a step towards them getting madder by the second.

"Nessa what are you doing?" Rayn grabbed me by the shoulder.

"What does it look like i'm doing? These two noodle lips have no respect for anyone." i shouted yanking away from her.

The guys held their hands up as they began to back up. "Come on chill out. It was just a joke." 'Husky' spoke nervously as he tripped over 'Giggles' foot and landing hard on his tushy.

There was a roar of laughter ringing in the hallway as students pointed at 'husky' with their hands over their mouths. 'Giggles' shook his head while looking down at his friend. I heard Rayn giggling quietly behind me. There wasnt a laugh nor a smile coming from my face. It remained blank as i stared into 'Husky's' eyes.

I inhaled deeply before speaking. "The only joke aroind here is your face ."

His eyes went wide as he watched me staring at him with a cold stare. I could feel the anger boiling inside me. That was no way to talk to anyone like that. I could feel myself getting lost in the anger that was growing deep inside me. I couldnt no longer keep control of it as i started back into his direction again. The bell rang loudly, sending an ear piercing echo down the long hallway. Students scattered down the hallway in every direction to get to their classes knowing that they were going to be late. 'Husky' junped up and shot down the hallway as well with 'Giggles' close behind.

I gave a small huff, turned around, and came face to face with Rayn. "Why did you have to be so mean?"

"Hun, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. You have a lot to learn." and with that i stormed off towards our class wit her in tow.

Could this day get any worse? I shook my head as i felt the anger fade away. I grabbed the door handle of our classroom and shoved the door open. Several students and the teacher turned to look at us as the door slammed shut. I sent a not so nice glare to them as we walked to our seats. They turned back to what they were doing and we sat down.

I turned my attention to the window and gazed outside. I could hear the teacher rambling about todays lesson but i wasnt in the mood to listen to her. I was so lost in thought that i didnt hear the bell ring. Rayn had her hand on my shoulder shaking me. "Hey the bell just rang. Lets go."

I nodded and started to my next class. The rest of the day went by in a blur. Finally school had came to an end for the day. I walked through the double doors and out to the student parking lot. Rayn was standing beside my black Pontiac Firebird, tapping her foot impatiently. I chuckled as i pulled my keys out of my pocket approaching my car.

"What took you so long?" she asked me as i unlocked the door.

"Sorry." i replied.

As i opened my door i could hear yelling from a few cars down. "Crap! I cant believe it! I have a flat!"

I stepped behind my car and a few cars down was 'Husky' along with his buddy, 'Giggles' standing beside a old beat up Chevy pick up. I let out a high pitch laugh. Serves you right, Twinkle Toes. I thought to myself.

Immediately, they turned in my direction and stared at me. I continued to laugh, shaking my head. 'Husky' had a very pee'd off look on his face as he stomped towards me along with his friend. My body stiffened and i balled my fists up. My eyes darted back and forth in between them. My eyes landed on 'Giggles' and i could see him licking his lips as they approached. My eyes darted back to 'Husky' that now stood a few feet away from me. He stared down at me as if his eyes could make me burst into a ball of flame. My fists clenched and unclenched as i stared back at him. He made the motion to raise his hand. When he did, i drew mt right arm back as far as i could and prepared to swing.

Wrong move, big boy.

Sorry guys if this story started off crappy.. I appologize.. This is my first time posting on wattpad and not to mention im having to type it up on my phone due to computer problems. I promise the story gets better. By the way these characters in the book are made up. I hope you guys like it. And i will update as soon as i can.