Twelve

Lexi

I here rustling in the trees. I curl up in a ball when I here leaves crinkling. Maybe it's Luke. The sound is getting louder by the second.

"Luke?" I yell looking out the window.

"Lex" he yells back with heavy breathing. He starts climbing up the ladder until he meets my gaze.

"Are you ok baby girl?" He comes over with his arm wide open. I get up and run to his arms. I take a deep breath. "I'll take that as a no. So what happened?" He says leading me to a huge bean bag.

"So I was at my 'family gathering' and parents told me that they are getting a divorce" I sob.

"I am so sorry" he hugs me tight.

"I thought I new what love is, but I don't. They were the perfect married couple. They were my role model of love. Every time she was down he picked her back up again. Every time he just needed a hug she was there. Now, out of no where they want a divorce? Why now? They are fine. They just want to give up and stop fighting for love" I cry.

I feel my heart break inside me. I uncontrollably sob out of sadness and anger. Luke grabs me in his arms and pulls me over him. I rap around him like a snake and hug him. I feel my tears crashing down on his shirt soaking it.

"It's ok baby girl, I'm here" he whispers as I cry in his arms.

After a good twenty minutes we are completely silent. The sun is still down, but soon to rise.

"We should probably head back" Luke says stroking my hair.

I nod and get off of him. We climb down the ladder walking hand in hand to my house. No words, just silence. By the time we arrive at my house the sun is starting to rise. I go to open my door, but turn back.

"Thank you, I'm sorry I loaded you with all my stuff-" he cuts me off with a kiss

It wasn't lustful like the other times, just enough to show me that he cares. With that I unlocked my front door. I walk in and hear people talking in my living room.

"Lexi" I hear someone yell and run to the door. It's Tyler great. He hugs me without noticing who's at the door.

"Why are you here?" I say pissed off.

"Your parents called me to see if you were with me, but you weren't. Where were you?" He looks at the door. "With him? Really? Classy."

"Can you just leave?"

"Lexi" my dad warns.

"I don't want to here it from you or you" I say pushing Tyler away from me.

He steps closer to me and Luke come in between us towering over Tyler.

"I think you should leave" Luke says.

Tyler just walks out the house. Doesn't say a word, but just leaves.

"I better go too, will you be ok?"

"Yes thank you" he kissed me on the cheek and walks out to his car.

I close the door.

"Lexi, please come in here" my mom says as I walk in.

"What?"

"We have been worried sick about you"

"Where were you?" My dad interrogates.

"Out" I look down.

"With a boy?" My dad says. "All night?"

"Leave Luke out of this"

"Ok well we need to talk" he says irritated. Are you serious? How is he irritated with me?

"About what? We already have"

"Honey, since me and your mom are splitting we will be moving. We decided that we want you to stay at your high school so your mom offered to stay around here. I will be moving to Melbourne, Australia with my new job" he says.

"So your leaving me?" I tear up.

"Yes, but I will visit"

"That's not good enough"

My mom intervenes, "We made an offer on a house about 4 blocks away from here. We need a new house with a fresh start. Since the market is going down houses are cheaper. We found a big house and it's amazing. The offer got excepted last week so we will be moving in soon"

"You guys new a week ago that you wanted a divorce?"

"Yes, we have known for quiet a while" my dad answers.

"When is the divorce final?" I question trying not to cry.

"Next week actually, we put in the papers 5-6 months ago" my mom answers.

"Why didn't you guys not tell me?"

"We knew you would be sad" my mom says coming over to hug me. I let her knowing this is hard for her too.

"Dad when are your leaving?"

"When the divorce is final"

"Please don't leave me" I cry.

----------------------------------------------

THIS IS ROUGH. I KNOW HOW IT FEEL TO HAVE DIVORCED PARENTS AND IT SUCKS:(

-A