Chapter 3: Not So Secret Admirer

:)

Chapter 3: Not So Secret Admirer

 Leila walked into the school, dragging her feet. She couldn’t stop thinking about Louis and the argument. For some odd reason, Louis couldn’t make it to school today too.

“Leila!” someone called out through the mass of students making their way into the school. Leila walked a bit faster and found Abigail. “Hey.” She greeted.

“Hey Abigail.” Leila smiled politely. Abigail chatted away as Leila tried to open her locker.

“The guys in the football team are so hot!” Abigail ranted as Leila struggled to open her locker. With one full swing of her leg, a big bang rang across the hallway. “Well sorry if I’m boring you. Don’t take it out on your locker.” Abigail mused.

“Stupid locker! Why won’t you open!?” Leila huffed, her face turned red.

“Maybe because that’s not your locker?” A deep voice spoke from behind. Leila whipped her head around to see a boy with black hair and dark brown eyes. He crossed his arms over his chest and smirked. “Here,” he stepped in between the girls and turned the lock. With one click, the locker was wide open.

“I… um… sorry.” Leila blushed slightly.

“It’s okay. Next time, take it easy on my locker. I think you dented it.” He chuckled.

“Oh yeah okay. I’ve got to find my own locker now.” Leila grabbed Abigail and turned on her heel.

“Five lockers down from mine. I’m Jason by the way.” He called after them.

Abigail turned around and grinned, “I’m Abigail and that’s Leila.” Leila shook her head at Abigail’s boldness and finally found her locker.

“Leila… I like it.” Jason shouted, which caused Leila to blush even more. She was never interested in boys. The mere fact that someone might actually take interest in her, gave her tummy the angry birds.

“He likes you.” Abigail teased.

“Not interested.” Leila sighed as she finally opened her locker. Abigail gasped. “Wha… Oh my…”

“Gosh! You’ve got an admirer!” Abigail squealed. “Red roses, that is just so sweet! And is that a box of chocolates? That’s even sweeter!”

Leila took the bouquet of roses and picked up the card attached to it. “Well…?” Abigail trailed. “Open it, girl! You’re making me all nervous here.” Leila opened the card.

It read:

It's a beautiful day 
as I look in your eyes 
You have a wonderful way 
It almost makes me cry 

It's hard to find the words 
To say what you mean to me 
So all I'm going to say is 
Will You go out with me?

~Kyle Preston

How about it? Preston Park Field this afternoon?’

To that, Leila was stunned. She didn’t think that anyone would take interest in her. “I… can’t.” She simply said.

“Why not, Leila? You’re beautiful, smart and nice! I wish someone liked me enough to do that for me. Come on, girl! I’ll help fix you up after school.” Abigail said with determination. Just then, loud laughter and chattering made their way into the school.

The jocks and the cheerleaders walked casually into the school. Kyle Preston was among them. He was an eighth grader and the school’s quarterback player. Kyle has never even glanced her way. Why would he take interest in her now, she thought. Kyle laughed with his friends and suddenly turned to Leila. He locked eyes with her and put on a knowing smile. She smiled back.

“See! He totally likes you. Please, please, please?” She begged repeatedly.

“Fine.” Leila sighed.

“I’m going to go home first. I need to watch over my little brother; I’ll come as soon as I can.” The bell rang, which signaled them to get to class.

“Leila!” Someone called out. She turned and saw Kyle pushing through the crowd.

“Hey.”

“So… Do you like it?” Kyle smiled nervously.

“Yeah, I love it!” Leila smiled, playing with one of the roses.

“Yeah… Um… I’m guessing that’s a yes?” He stopped walking and looked at her pleadingly. His blue eyes shone brightly against hers.

“Absolutely!” She grinned.

He engulfed her into a hug and mumbled, “Thank you.”

The day passed by very fast. Leila found herself riding the bus home once again. She was very nervous about Kyle. What does he even see in her? Was this all a joke? There were other more popular and prettier girls out there.

One thing is for sure, she’ll find all the answers after the date with her not so secret admirer.

--------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 3---------------------------------------------

**** I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT ON THE POEM. I JUST FOUND IT ON YAHOO.****

Sneak Peek:

Chapter 4: Thanks For Your Support

On her way to the park, she couldn’t stop thinking about Louis. He had been so cold to her. She thought that he’d actually support her on this. Deep in her heart, she still loved Louis. He would always be her brother.

More questions popped up in her head, but there were no answers to them. The bruises that were on his arms, where were they from? Why were there dried tear marks on her mother’s face? Why was she crying? Her father has always been away. He has never worked so hard for money his whole entire life. Were they hiding something from her?

Nonetheless, the harsh words that Louis threw at her made their way back into her mind.

“Thanks for your support.” She voiced her thoughts. 

----------------------------------END OF CHAPTER 3---------------------------

VOTE.

COMMENT.

FAN?

<3