Chapter 8

Author's Note- Had to do running today in PE and apparently holding hands with your bestfriends while running is pathetic. Gotta love the teachers hahaha. Still making the chapters longer so expect updates in 3-5 days.  If you haven't guessed I'm from Newcastle, and my bestfriend Elle loves Niall... Enjoy :)

LOUIS' POV

My body freezes. I need to move but I can't. My throat is too numb and raw to even scream. Seeing Harry, my best friend, lying there...possibly dead...

No not dead, he wouldn't do that.

I force my self to lift my arm. I gently shake his pale skin and cry out his name. His skin is like ice. I reach for my phone from my pocket, as I'm dialling 999, I heard short, sharp gasps of breath.

"Lou?" he whispers.

"Oh my god Harry, I thought you were dead!" I shout, the tears trickling onto my cheek. I pull him into a hug and try to calm myself down.

"Why did you do this Harry?" I whisper "We need to get you to hospital"

"No, Lou. Please don't make me go there. I don't want more people to know about this! If I go, it'll get out and there'll be stories all over. Please, I'm fine" he begs.

"I don't know Harry...are you still bleeding?" I ask, unconvinced.

"No, see I'm fine look!" he lifts his arm up and I see him wince. The cuts are quite deep but the bleeding has stopped.

"I still think we should take you, just in case"

"Please Lou, I'm fine. Honestly, it was a stupid mistake. I'm sorry" his eyes start to fill up with tears.

I can't believe he done this. I let him do this. I wasn't there for him.

"Let me at least clean the cuts up then" I give into not taking him into hospital, there's no way he would of even stepped out of the apartment.

I lead him out of the room and into the bathroom. I clean the cuts with water and anti bacterial spray then wrap his wrists up in a bandage.

"I'll have to wear bracelets for a while then..." he laughs.

I stare back at him.

He's laughing?

"Why did you do it Harry?" I ask.

"You...you hate me" he mumbles.

Since when have I said I hated him?

"I heard you and Liam talking, you said you hated me" he continues.

Oh...how do I explain this one?

"No, Harry I didn't mean it...I was just saying that's what people thought I did now...because of Eleanor"

I'm officially the worst liar ever.

"I heard what you said Louis, and before with the fighting? Saying I sleep with everyone? You expect me to act like that's no big deal?" His eyes stare into mine.

"I'm sorry Harry, I don't know what's gotten into me. I don't hate you, you're my bestfriend. Promise you'll never harm yourself again. I couldn't live without you" I explain.

"I won't ever do it again, but I don't know what's up with you... Is it Eleanor?" he asks.

"No! It's probably just the stress of the tour and the film being recorded and things. I'm sorry Harry, I really do love you. I'm so sorry"

"Stop saying sorry Lou. Can we just forget about all of this?"

"Sure" I agree.

Someday I'll tell you the truth.